GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
Have had our Diesel Equinox for 5 days, really like it.
Wife's daily commute is 80 miles, round trip.
Have a Diesel Cruze in the family too, so we know what to expect.
(Bought the 6/60 extended warranty w/ the Equinox)
The torque from such a small engine is great, more than enough for merging into highway traffic.
Engine compartment looks very similar to the Cruze Diesel, but where did they put the Diesel Equinox oil filter?
Found out that HELM has no ETA on a set of factory service manuals, will check again next year.
Dieseldr

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just did the first oil change!
Equinox Diesel is easier than our 2014 Diesel Cruze, as the oil filter is very accessible.
There is a "frame stiffener" crossmember blocking the drain plug and oil filter.
However, someone was thinking, as the drain plug and bolts for the frame member are all 15mm!
So I loosened one, removed the other, and the frame crossmember swings out of the way.
Very well done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just had our first service engine light! 29k miles
P118B-00
PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR TEMPERATURE SENSOR PERFORMANCE

B1325-03
CONTROL MODULE POWER CIRCUIT – LOW VOLTAGE

We waited a week, and it went away, came back a couple weeks later.
Will drive it and see if this one goes away too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
fuel filter life reset?

I just changed the oil and the fuel filter in my wife’s 2018 Diesel Equinox.
The oil life reset worked fine, but the fuel filter life won’t reset.
What is the secret to getting the fuel filter life to reset back to 100%?

Update: I drove the car about 10 miles to purge any air from the fuel system.
During the drive, the fuel filter life reset back to 100%.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the steering wheel, Right side is a kind of “mouse” thing that lets us scroll through all the screens.

equinox_steeringwheel

I check/reset the oil & fuel filter life here.

Anyway, the dealer replaced the sensor under warranty for this:
P118B-00
PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR TEMPERATURE SENSOR PERFORMANCE

Did the recall on this:
Recall Title:
Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration Frequency

And adjusted the HVAC blower software so the blower runs for a couple of minutes after vehicle shut off. The humidity here causes a bad smell when the evaporator gets moldy, this will (hopefully) help dry it out.

Also, I discovered that the Michelins that the vehicle were delivered with were worn out @ 30k miles, I guess GM put the cheapest they could find on it. Put on 4 new Michelins of a higher grade that are supposed to go 70k miles. We will see.

Dealer doing the recall wanted to do a brake fluid flush. We declined, as I have the equipment to do that. Amazed that after 2 years and 30k miles, the brake fluid they put in @ the factory is black.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is info from the manual on how to drain the water from the fuel filter housing.
I did not do this when I changed the fuel filter, just took the housing apart and poured it all in a container.
Note that the fuel filter housing is mounted to the body w/ a plastic bracket that is just strong enough to support the assembly.
It will not sustain the torque necessary to un-thread the fuel filter housing from the case.
I had to use giant (coffee can holding size) slip-joint pliers to apply counter force while I unthreaded the filter housing.

equinoxwaterdrainfuelfilter

Reactions: ZNuts!

·
Registered
8 Posts
^^^ We learned the hard way with our 2014 Diesel Cruze to never, ever allow the dealer service department anywhere near our cars, unless there was no other option.
Epic damage, lying, and incompetence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts