GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox. I wanted to do some mods but I wanted them to be clean. I did some research and I discovered that the 2011 Cadillac SRX calipers and brackets are a direct bolt on. The factory Equinox rotors are a little too small but..... a 2011 Cadillac CTS (brake code J55 Heavy duty) has the 345mm rotor that fits the lug pattern and fits nicely. I made a video of the initial mock up of this set up. The brake line on the Equinox will also need to be changed.

I would like to find lowering springs or find out how people are lowering these vehicles

Youtube Video

·
Registered
51 Posts
I assume there is an obvious improvement to the braking system?

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this site and just seeing this, what brake lines did you end up using and where did you come across the solid black rotors?

·
Registered
44 Posts
New to this site and just seeing this, what brake lines did you end up using and where did you come across the solid black rotors?
Pretty sure he used the line from the 2011 SRX, and several brands are now offering the black rotors for most vehicles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox. I wanted to do some mods but I wanted them to be clean. I did some research and I discovered that the 2011 Cadillac SRX calipers and brackets are a direct bolt on. The factory Equinox rotors are a little too small but..... a 2011 Cadillac CTS (brake code J55 Heavy duty) has the 345mm rotor that fits the lug pattern and fits nicely. I made a video of the initial mock up of this set up. The brake line on the Equinox will also need to be changed.

I would like to find lowering springs or find out how people are lowering these vehicles

Youtube Video
Can you describe your noticed observations of how big of a difference this made to the stopping power and ability to stop vs stock?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
GM has a wide variety of brake parts available in their parts bin to upgrade with.
From the Camaro, SS, Cadillac, Corvette etc. you just have to find something that fits.
The new Blazer has dual piston calipers, remember they use a 6 bolt pattern wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts