GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,498 Posts
I bought them mouldings them for the Nox, and they are awesome. Their painting capability is awesome. I have a 12 year old Spoiler that I bought from them, and it still looks "factory".

Don't hesitate to buy from them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
These look pretty interesting. I've been dreading my first door-ding. It's a tough call, though. How is the joint? That is, can dirt/sand/etc get stuck in the joint or adhesive? Anyone have any experience with removing them? thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Mine are on the way from Sportwing as I write this. Looked at several suppliers and these seemed the best. Plan to keep them on as long as I have the Terrain....less afraid of dirt/sand than I am the effect of sun on the paint and the somewhat darker strip that would be left after removal in 4-5 years. The quality seems good enough to leave on and not have to worry about any of this...got them for the LONG HAUL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Interesting point about the fading. I suppose if I did this, it would be for the long haul, so I'll have to think about it for a few weeks and decide if I'm still interested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
Islander said:
Mine are on the way from Sportwing as I write this. Looked at several suppliers and these seemed the best. Plan to keep them on as long as I have the Terrain....less afraid of dirt/sand than I am the effect of sun on the paint and the somewhat darker strip that would be left after removal in 4-5 years. The quality seems good enough to leave on and not have to worry about any of this...got them for the LONG HAUL!
I hope you post some detailed pictures and opinions.....I think it looks REALLY nice on the picture, but I've always hated aftermarket body parts. Was thinking of not ordering the LTZ projectors and getting these first....I think they look awesome! Dealer owes me pin striping (looks nice w/ the equinox in the back and a chevy emblem) but I'm leaning towards these to enhance the curves of the equinox

I'm defintiely curious to see how these work out for you...On the fading aspect...You could purchase some bulk 3m protective film to put across them..It would prevent fading and help them hold up if they actually get it by a car do. That was my plan if I go with them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
RIT333 said:
I bought them mouldings them for the Nox, and they are awesome. Their painting capability is awesome. I have a 12 year old Spoiler that I bought from them, and it still looks "factory".

Don't hesitate to buy from them.
I just received my moldings and had them installed today. They look awesome!! The paint match is perfect. I'll post pics soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Love mine as well! BEAUTIFUL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Please send pictures of those who done the install. Personally it looks like it takes away from the look. I would like to see pictures that say different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
wow guess im the youngin...

body moldings?!?! ick....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
gar187er said:
wow guess im the youngin...

body moldings?!?! ick....
Ha-Ha plus 1[/color]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
To each their own and all that...but one of the things that I liked about the Nox from the very beginning was a lack of such things. I guess it could be useful if you frequently park in tight spaces with other cars...but I prefer to avoid such situations if possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
On the subject of side moldings, we saw a Cardinal Red Metallic 'Nox yesterday with the chrome package that also had a thin chrome side molding piece that ran along front and rear doors. It looked very nice all clean. I would consider getting something like that. Wish I had gotten a picture of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
NoobNox said:
To each their own and all that...but one of the things that I liked about the Nox from the very beginning was a lack of such things. I guess it could be useful if you frequently park in tight spaces with other cars...but I prefer to avoid such situations if possibel.
Have you ever heard of the herd instinct, I can't explain it. I can park as far from a store as their parking lot permits and it seems like 9 out of 10 times when I come out I'll have a car on both sides of me. ;D

I bought mine from this place and am extremely happy with them.

http://www.zetaproducts.net/10-chevrolet-equinox-body-side-molding.aspx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
How to make your NOX look like a RAV4. It looks ok, as long as the paint match is close.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top