GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 LT1 that has been diagnoised with a defective passinger side in the seat airbag. This issue is the dealer cannot locate one in the US. They are not even able to provide an ETA. I have spoken to GM corp with out much help. Do anyone here have an y insight to contact next? The dealer said the car is safe to drive if no one sits in the passinger side. (NOT GOOD)

Any help would be apreciated. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,409 Posts
I would thing GM would do anything in their power to get you and airbag. In case of an accident - Cha-ching - your widow would be rich !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of that as well. I just can't believe that they have no parts for these things. We will see what happens with corperate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
there's a airbag in the seat????
or is it just the sensor in the seat for the passenger side airbag???
Heck yeah! It's for side impact protection!

Take a look at the IIHS website at the crash pictures to see it after it has blown.

I've always wondered if there was a a possibility that it could blow in a side impact accident and get between my arm and my torso. Good bye, arm! And I'm left-handed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
Terrain said:
Heck yeah! It's for side impact protection!

Take a look at the IIHS website at the crash pictures to see it after it has blown.

I've always wondered if there was a a possibility that it could blow in a side impact accident and get between my arm and my torso. Good bye, arm! And I'm left-handed!
thought side impact was in the overhead... learn something every day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
thought side impact was in the overhead... learn something every day
I think the overhead ones pop out too in side impacts - not just rollovers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
there's a airbag in the seat????
or is it just the sensor in the seat for the passenger side airbag???
Here is a picture of the extensive airbag protection, there are 6!
 

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top