GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Equinox 2019 noises from B pillar (rattle)

6K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  sarmed123emad 
#1 ·
Hey Guys
I have a vibrating sound coming from the center column (upper seat belt) on the passenger side. Anyone more?

#2 ·
What makes it make the sound? Going over bumps? Just driving along a smooth road?

My buckle taps the b pillar if I hit a bump just right. Obviously if there is someone in the seat and using the seat belt...no sound. My last car did the same thing, just a function of it hanging there in my case.

#6 ·
I have a rattle coming from the same area. I checked it the other day and the rattle seems to be coming from the vinyl cover on the bottom seat belt pivot. I haven't taken the time to correcting it yet but when I tapped on the cover it seemed to be rattling on the metal piece it's covering.
Let us know what YOU find.

#10 ·
Followup, I still haven't taken the time to investigate my rattle further, but I can add that when my wife rode in the seat today there was no rattle. I'm thinking there's a metal to metal pivot point at the anchor point low on the "B" pillar and when there's tension on it, it can't rattle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.