GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
I have a vibrating sound coming from the center column (upper seat belt) on the passenger side. Anyone more?

·
Registered
82 Posts
What makes it make the sound? Going over bumps? Just driving along a smooth road?

My buckle taps the b pillar if I hit a bump just right. Obviously if there is someone in the seat and using the seat belt...no sound. My last car did the same thing, just a function of it hanging there in my case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello
What makes it make the sound? Going over bumps? Yes, most of the times on uneven roads
Just driving along a smooth road? Sometimes occurs too
Unfortunnely dont come from the buckle!
Its a rattle behind the b pillar panel!

·
Registered
811 Posts
It may be the belt moving inside the panel. Try hooking the belt to put more tension on it and testing it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a rattle coming from the same area. I checked it the other day and the rattle seems to be coming from the vinyl cover on the bottom seat belt pivot. I haven't taken the time to correcting it yet but when I tapped on the cover it seemed to be rattling on the metal piece it's covering.
Let us know what YOU find.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Followup, I still haven't taken the time to investigate my rattle further, but I can add that when my wife rode in the seat today there was no rattle. I'm thinking there's a metal to metal pivot point at the anchor point low on the "B" pillar and when there's tension on it, it can't rattle.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Maybe pre tensioner is rubbing / moving around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check this out: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10168195-9999.pdf

Subject: Rattle or Ticking Noise from B-Pillar Area.
Attention: This bulletin supplies information on repairing and eliminating a B-Pillar noise.
where did you find this diagram. I have the exact problem.My equinox is brand new and it starts making this ticking noise when it vibrates. I was afraid that if I took it in they would say they couldn’t do anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where did you find this diagram. I have the exact problem.My equinox is brand new and it starts making this ticking noise when it vibrates. I was afraid that if I took it in they would say they couldn’t do anything.
Unfortunelly my friend, the problem was not 100% percent solved. I extract the B pillar plastic cover and put some acoustic felt in some points, but when you solve a noise/rattle other appears, my Equinox is very noisy (plastic rattles), its ridiculous! Sunroof, front panel, rattles everywhere!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Car manufacturers supply a copy of their bulletins to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and that's where the link is from. Many people don't know they can find the tech bulletins at the NHTSA site for free. Print the thing out and ask them to reference the number on it.

NHTSA, not just for recalls. 🙂

1 - 14 of 14 Posts