GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
yamezbond said:
Has any1 installed Equinox Chrome Roof Rack Trim? I want to get some of those but I don't have any info on how to install. Do I need to remove the ones it have or is only a small chrome plate that stick on the roof rack trim?

http://www.carid.com/2011-chevy-equinox-chrome-accessories/item-282201.html

Thanks!
The one you sent a link to says that it is held on with 3M double-stick tape. Sounds easy to install. I would guess that it is merely an overlay.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I'm looking on my third mod on my LT1. I all ready get the front grill and the door handles, but I'm looking for the rood rack trims.
What do you guys recommend? that option with the 3M tape or get the originals from factory?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Funny how right as i am making my videos someone has a question about them lol which is cool. I should have my chrome roof rack video up by tomorrow night. It is a quick how to just like my other videos i have in this site. Stay tuned! If i don't have it up by tomorrow night you all can give me heck about it lol
I think your referring to these

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

This pic shows u that the black covers pop off and you would replace them with the Chrome covers.

I will have more info on my video and post tomorrow,this just gives u an idea.

If your not referring to these GM parts and just referring to the stick on's pieces that stick on the existing black cover, i am not familiar with them but have seen them on eBay and the link you posted. They should be fine, i would not be able to have them here in AZ since the sun and heat are brutal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool!! Thanks please post your video so I can decide to do it or not. Can you please let me know where did you buy the parts?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the stick-on 3M chrome pieces from Carid and they look great. Literally a 5 minute job. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
MariasNox said:
I have the stick-on 3M chrome pieces from Carid and they look great. Literally a 5 minute job. Good luck.
Awesome please post pic's so it can help others:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts