Votes: 0 0.0%
  • na

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 months old Equinox 2011 1LT with 2100 miles on it, didn't start this morning when I was about to go to work! How frustrating!! It was F'ing **** surprising and shocking!! I parked my nox the day before and turned off everything and head-light was in Auto mode so it goes off automatically. But however, today morning it didn't start at all. And battery was totally dead. How could this happen? Is anyone having similar issue?

Actually this is my second time it happened. 1st time I thought I didn't turned off or something was turned on and I called my insurance for jump-start and after starting I took it to the dealership where I bought and they diagnose and said everything is fine and it should be ok. It was around 20 days ago. Now its back again!! This time I don't wanted to call my insurance again and planning to talk with Dealership about this. But I am at work today and couldn't take it to dealership today. What should I do? What would be the best solution for this? I am kind of frustrated as it is brand new and I paid my hard earned money to it. :banghead:

Please suggest! Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Banned
43 Posts
Yep, that's most likely the cause.

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
daj said:
My 4 months old Equinox 2011 1LT with 2100 miles on it, didn't start this morning when I was about to go to work! How frustrating!! It was F'ing **** surprising and shocking!! I parked my nox the day before and turned off everything and head-light was in Auto mode so it goes off automatically. But however, today morning it didn't start at all. And battery was totally dead. How could this happen? Is anyone having similar issue?

Actually this is my second time it happened. 1st time I thought I didn't turned off or something was turned on and I called my insurance for jump-start and after starting I took it to the dealership where I bought and they diagnose and said everything is fine and it should be ok. It was around 20 days ago. Now its back again!! This time I don't wanted to call my insurance again and planning to talk with Dealership about this. But I am at work today and couldn't take it to dealership today. What should I do? What would be the best solution for this? I am kind of frustrated as it is brand new and I paid my hard earned money to it. :banghead:

Please suggest! Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
I apologize for the frustration that this has caused. I can see from your post that you are planning to take the vehicle back to the dealership. Please feel free to keep me informed on any new developments with the fix. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The following was recently released. I would suggest you give the PI number to the Service Advisor, so they can report their findings to the engineers.

#PIE0165: EI11100 - Engineering Information - No Crank, No Start - (Apr 1, 2011)

Subject: EI11100 -- Engineering Information -- No Crank, No Start

Models: 2011 Chevrolet Equinox

2011 GMC Terrain

Attention: Proceed with this PI ONLY if the customer has commented about this concern AND the EI number is listed in GWM/IVH. If the customer has not commented about this condition or the EI does not show in GWM/IVH, disregard the PI and proceed with diagnostics found in published service information. THIS IS NOT A RECALL -- refer to Service Bulletin 04-00-89-053D for more details on the use of Engineering Information PIs.

Condition
Important: DO NOT PROCEED with this PI if the vehicle is involved in Customer Satisfaction Campaign #11004.

Some customers may comment that their vehicle is experiencing a no crank or no start condition.

Cause
GM Engineering is attempting to determine the root cause of the no start condition. Engineering has a need to gather information on vehicles PRIOR to repair that may exhibit this condition. As a result, this information will be used to "root cause" the customer's concern and develop/validate a field fix.

·
Registered
482 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
Really? Did you see it's a...
Hhmm The TSB doesn't seem to be model level specific. and it refers to backlighting of instrument panel:

Some 2011 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain crossovers may have a dashboard electrical problem causing the battery to drain. In T.S.B. 11004 issued on Jan. 10, G.M. said backlighting in the instrument panel might illuminate even after the vehicle is shut off. Reprogramming the module that controls the lighting, and charging the battery, should solve the issue.

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
:) Its easy to get led astray when then ambient lights were mentioned (even if its not addressed by fix). From what Chevymanger mentioned this may not be the problem anyway, but then again it may be.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Terra-Nox said:
:) Its easy to get led astray...
Indeed...sometimes

Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same dead battery syndrome happened to us twice. First time GM roadside jumped it, second time we had it towed to the dealer.
Dealer did a software update. The service dept told us the was a recall in January BUT THEY OWNED THE VEHICLE IN JANUARY!
We bought it in February
Anyway it seems to have fixed the problem for now. Will repost if it happens again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
interesting, i had a no start condition last saturday, i checked the battery voltage and it was low (4.12v~).
I charged it and it sem to fix the problem, sound slike it will be a re-accuring problem if i don't bring it in to be fixed.
i had figured i left a door ajar or something like that.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
alexleblanc said:
interesting, i had a no start condition last saturday, i checked the battery voltage and it was low (4.12v~).
...by typing v~ This, to me, means AC voltage. You should be reading the DC voltage. Or do you mean "about" ? If so, 4 volts DC is VERY low for a 12V battery. That is, for all practical purposes, dead - or fully discharged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In case anyone is interested, the service performed on our Nox was recall #11004 Reprogram BCM.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Hard Nox said:
In case anyone is interested, the service performed on our Nox was recall #11004 Reprogram BCM.
Same one performed on ours as well. Funny thing was I remember looking at one on a lot before we got ours at night and noticed all the ambient lights were on. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
RIT333 said:
...by typing v~ This, to me, means AC voltage. You should be reading the DC voltage. Or do you mean "about" ? If so, 4 volts DC is VERY low for a 12V battery. That is, for all practical purposes, dead - or fully discharged.
i mean "about". should have though further before marking it as AC!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
alexleblanc said:
I charged it and it sem to fix the problem, sound slike it will be a re-accuring problem if i don't bring it in to be fixed.
i had figured i left a door ajar or something like that.
I would recommend keeping an eye on this. If the issue returns, I would recommend contacting your local dealership at that time. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
I would recommend keeping an eye on this. If the issue returns, I would recommend contacting your local dealership at that time. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

i've got an appointment scheduled for first thing wednesday morning.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
alexleblanc said:
i've got an appointment scheduled for first thing wednesday morning.
I am glad to see that you are working with your local dealership to have this issue resolved. Please feel free to keep us informed on any further developments in regards to the fix. Thank you in advance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts