GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking to change engine oil in my Equinox 2011 FWD 1LT for the first time and wanted to confirm before changing it. Should I use Mobil 1 94001 Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil ?

I found in Amazon -- amazon.com/Mobil-94001-Synthetic-5W-30-Motor/dp/B000COX0JM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Please advice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Perhaps you could review Amsoil Euro blend 100% synthetic 0w30 or 5w30, I have used Mobil for many years but Amsoil is far superior, this Euro product is designed for DI engines because of the fuel dilution that is associated with it.
JMO[l/color]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Mobil 1 is what I use on my Nox, and what I have used on my past 3 vehicles without issue. I don't feel that going with a more expensive synth oil is going to make any difference in engine longevity..

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Whatever name brand 5-30 syn oil on sale will be more then fine. I prefer Amsoil for their additive package, but any quality oil will work. Just buy what's on sale.

I also would recommend getting a UOA since many people are having fuel in the oil problems. Probably Not everyone - only because they haven't had a UOA, but I bet a lot more do have the problem, they just don't now it. A UOA will comfirm if you do or don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts