GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On today's 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' (weekdays, syndicated), an unsuspecting fan is brought onto the set and given a helping hand -- and promptly freaks out.

"You're earning $500 a month ... and you're short $1,500 month on bills," DeGeneres tells Tricia. She reaches behind her couch. "We want you to be able to sleep at night. Here's $10,000." Tricia goes wild. Then DeGeneres brings out Tricia's husband. "You're both trying to work and share a car and that's hard, so we're going to give you a 2010 GMC Terrain."

Oh, the joy of giving ... and receiving.

[click to watch VIDEO]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good news: the people get help, and it's a GMC Terrain, how cool is that!

Bad news: It was on the Ellen show. ::)

(American Idol will be terrible this year with her on there)

·
Registered
29 Posts
SnowItch said:
Oh great, now you're bringing politics into it ;D
You said it, not me...but that's part of the reason, can't stand that she's gay. (or rather, that she made a point of telling everyone.....I would rather NOT know that, it hurts her reputation, not the other way around). However, that's not the only reason for the American Idol comment. She has absolutely no business being on that show, she's not involved with anything to do with the music business, what makes her an expert? I watched a little bit Tues. night, and it was embarrasing to even watch, this show will tank now. It used to be my favorite show, but now I have to force myself to watch it.

I hear that Simon will be gone next season, even he hates that Ellen is on there.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Whether someone's preferences are any different doesn't keep me awake at night. I've got my own life to worry about. If I spent it worrying about other's lives, I'd never get anywhere with my own.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Terrain_fan said:
You said it, not me...but that's part of the reason, can't stand that she's gay.
Way to keep an open mind. Not to make this thread take a turn it shouldn't but that is a horrible remark to make.

You afraid "they" may "infect" others?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I go either way.........Equinox or Terrain.

·
Registered
29 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Way to keep an open mind. Not to make this thread take a turn it shouldn't but that is a horrible remark to make.

You afraid "they" may "infect" others?
Please forgive me for being very off topic here, I will try and explain my comments, and leave it at that:

I was stating my opinion of Ellen, based on my beliefs... and only stating my reasons for not liking her.

It's not really about having an open mind, that would mean I would accept the lifestyle.

Everyone these days is so caught up in being politically correct, I think we are being far too accepting of lifestyles, and behaviors that are wrong. (keep in mind there is a very big difference to hating the behavior, or hating the person...I don't hate anyone, but I certainly feel it appropriate to hate certain behaviors...I hope that makes sense)

There will always be homosexuals in the world, we can tolerate the behavior/lifestyle, but that doesn't mean it's right, nor does it mean individuals who choose to live the homosexual lifestyle need to "come out", and tell everyone about what they do in private. I don't go around saying "I'm heterosexual, I have sex with my wife", so why do homosexuals have to make a point to tell everyone their business.?

I know people hate political discussions on these forums, and I try and bite my tongue on a lot of things, but the comments made after my last post forced me to voice my views.

Those who agree with me will not say so, and those who don't will for sure say something. That's kind of how the whole politically correctness works.

I've said what I did, which I know will upset some people, and for that...I'm sorry that I upset anyone. Also, this topic needs to go back to where it started....so, I'll try to do that........

I think it's great that the people on the show got help with their finances, and nice to see a little plug for the Terrain. I think there are a ton of people struggling today, and every bit we can do to help out those in need slowly but surely helps.

*****now carry on with the car talk******

When are they going to give away an Equinox, or SRX?....only would be fair advertising.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Terrain_fan said:
Please forgive me for being very off topic here, I will try and explain my comments, and leave it at that:

I know people hate political discussions on these forums, and I try and bite my tongue on a lot of things, but the comments made after my last post forced me to voice my views.

Sorry to butt in on this (since this is supposed to be a CAR TALK FORUM) but YOU'RE the one that started this and invited people to comment after your first post by uneccessarily explaining "why" you didn't like Ellen. You could have easily just said "I don't like her" and left it at that (since you had the uncontrollable need to take the discussion off car topics and let us know that you didn't like her in the first place) . I'm guessing that no one really cared "Why" you didn't like her, which could have kept this from getting "political" in the first place..................geez.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Terrain_fan said:
You said it, not me...but that's part of the reason, can't stand that she's gay. (or rather, that she made a point of telling everyone.....I would rather NOT know that, it hurts her reputation, not the other way around). However, that's not the only reason for the American Idol comment. She has absolutely no business being on that show, she's not involved with anything to do with the music business, what makes her an expert? I watched a little bit Tues. night, and it was embarrasing to even watch, this show will tank now. It used to be my favorite show, but now I have to force myself to watch it.

I hear that Simon will be gone next season, even he hates that Ellen is on there.
wow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Terrain_fan said:

I was stating my opinion of Ellen, based on my beliefs... and only stating my reasons for not liking her.

It's not really about having an open mind, that would mean I would accept the lifestyle.

Everyone these days is so caught up in being politically correct, I think we are being far too accepting of lifestyles, and behaviors that are wrong. (keep in mind there is a very big difference to hating the behavior, or hating the person...I don't hate anyone, but I certainly feel it appropriate to hate certain behaviors...I hope that makes sense)

There will always be homosexuals in the world, we can tolerate the behavior/lifestyle, but that doesn't mean it's right, nor does it mean individuals who choose to live the homosexual lifestyle need to "come out", and tell everyone about what they do in private. I don't go around saying "I'm heterosexual, I have sex with my wife", so why do homosexuals have to make a point to tell everyone their business.?

Those who agree with me will not say so, and those who don't will for sure say something. That's kind of how the whole politically correctness works.

I've said what I did, which I know will upset some people, and for that...I'm sorry that I upset anyone. Also, this topic needs to go back to where it started....so, I'll try to do that........

I think it's great that the people on the show got help with their finances, and nice to see a little plug for the Terrain. I think there are a ton of people struggling today, and every bit we can do to help out those in need slowly but surely helps.

*****now carry on with the car talk******

When are they going to give away an Equinox, or SRX?....only would be fair advertising.

YOU SHOULD HAVE STOPPED AFTER THE "PLEASE FORGIVE ME" THIS SITE IS NOT THE ARENA FOR YOUR PERSONAL VIEWS ON LIFE AND GAYS ETC. AND FOR THE RECORD..IT'S NOT A CHOICE OR LIFSTYLE..GO DO SOME RESEARCH. OH AND DON'T RESPOND.. I'LL HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY TO YOU. NOW PLEASE KEEP THIS SITE WHAT IT WAS INTENDED.
YOU SHOULD HAVE STOPPED AFTER THE "PLEASE FORGIVE ME" THIS SITE IS NOT THE ARENA FOR YOUR PERSONAL VIEWS ON LIFE AND GAYS ETC. AND FOR THE RECORD..IT'S NOT A CHOICE OR LIFSTYLE..GO DO SOME RESEARCH. OH AND DON'T RESPOND.. I'LL HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY TO YOU. NOW PLEASE KEEP THIS SITE WHAT IT WAS INTENDED.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts