12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what speed should I press ECONO
I know in the city if I press econo the motor is shaking a little bit
Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
From what is said in the manual, I believe that the changes in vehicle performance really only apply to city driving. Highway performance might change if you are doing a great deal of downshifting at highway speeds.

·
Registered
446 Posts
ECO mode does apply to all speeds. I've found that I really like it on highway driving. I personally dislike downshifts at a steady speed. So I'd like a car to downshift only if really really needed. The ECO mode seems to help the transmission keep it's gear longer and remove some un-needed downshifts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot for the information.
Today I went to my dealer for the recall (change the module for the defogger) it took 15 min.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Eco mode basically translates to lower idle speeds and earlier shifts, with an emphasis to getting in a higher gear faster. On the highway it doesn't translate to much. Most people say it adds about 1 MPG.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'd say the ECO mode is either on or off at any speed or driving condition. The vehicle should shake a bit in ECO mode in the city due to lower idle speeds. I've found I like it turned on all the time now, as the shift points seem to match my driving style a little better than with it off.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was told the ECO mode is a waste in town but good on the highway because it retards the timing. Don't drive highway enough to check it but it does not help MPG in city driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts