GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do most people here with a 2.4L use the ECO feature often or always?

The reason I ask is to me the shift point changes with the ECO on really don't affect my driving style, but the decreased idle speed is right at the point that it becomes noticeably just slightly rougher.

For that reason I have started keeping it off. I would rather have a smooth idle at the expense of 1 MPG.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2010Nox said:
Do most people here with a 2.4L use the ECO feature often or always?

The reason I ask is to me the shift point changes with the ECO on really don't affect my driving style, but the decreased idle speed is right at the point that it becomes noticeably just slightly rougher.

For that reason I have started keeping it off. I would rather have a smooth idle at the expense of 1 MPG.
Pretty strange, i tried 1 full tank without eco and 1 with. Im getting an average of 3.5, 4 liter/100 km. Probably the diffrence between our driving style. Since my dealer changed my oil for a synthetic one (5000 KM), i noticed a much stable, smoother idle and less valves ''tickling'' coming from the engine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
truthfully i hardly even use it. Maybe if i'm downtown in the city, but that is rare. It's only useful for what, under 45 mph anyway right? I also switched to full synthetic oil and as 2010nox stated things seem much "smoother" and i can already notice a light improvement in gas mileage.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Personally, I drive with it on all the time. I've quickly gotten used to how it changes the engine's and tranny's characteristics. So far i've only been averaging about 8.5-9.5L/100km - 50% mixed city/highway.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have all intentions of going synthetic at the first oil change since I use synthetic in all of our vehicles.

It's just that I noticed the idle is just perceptibly rougher with the ECO on. I can sit at a light and turn it on and watch the RPM's drop a couple of hundred and then back up when it's turned off.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Oddly enough, I don't see the RPM drop hardly at all when I put on ECO on our 'Nox. I actually like the shift points a little better in ECO mode. Seems smoother.

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Most underpowered vehicles will bump up the idle when the A/C is on.

·
Registered
137 Posts
ECO on rough idle. AC on rough idle. Both on rough idle. I have noticed that if you slip the gearshift into neutral when waiting at a trafic signal the idle smooths out. Idle does not go up. Stays at approx 750 rpm. Hard to really tell because of inaccurate gauges.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts