GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do the rest of you see your 4 cyl idling at. ECO and non-ECO mode. Curious because I don't see a different in idle between the two. I ask because the book mentions lower idle rpm's as one of the benefits of using it.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I see about 850rpm with Eco mode and about 900rpm with it off. Not a huge difference, and since the normal idle speed is already lower than most 4cyl's I just leave Eco off.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I might be seeing 50 rpm diff. Guess I was expecting more for some reason. I haven't been using ECO much either since I can't "see" the benefits.

·
Registered
2010 chevy equinox lt 2.4, 135k miles. Mocha steel metallic mobile 1 full syn extended performance
1,005 Posts
Woa 500 rpm... Interesting I see idle change eco mode lowers it... Just turning on the air raises it and air conditioning raises it allot. Eco working great though 1mpg different I run a little bit of 89 octane from time to time to help keep the octane in the tank up. No benefit from high octane just helps because the octane in the tank lowers over time.
ECO much either since I can't "see" the benefit
Try using it along with conservative driving.... It slows the throttle body response, locks the torque converter at a lower rpm... Lowers the idle ECT.... The manual for my 2010 says to shut the car off for extended idling ECT...anyways I can get 20+mpg in the city with eco... Without up to 20... 1 -2 mpg different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts