GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 2011 Nox with 2,900 dealer miles on it. Want to make sure I keep track of any computer / tranny updates. Does anybody know of a website we can use to plug in our VIN's and check that stuff out? Dealers around here are INFAMOUS for not doing ECM updates unless they are actually recalls or just get called out by the owner, so I want to make sure I stay on top of that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
darrell said:
I think this is what you want.

If you click on complete history for the different things you can see how many updates there have been. To bad it doesn't show dates for when they came out.
Wow, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for!! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Why would a dealership do an ECM reflash with no recall on a brand new vehicle that has no issues? Service bulletins are for fixes/updates if an owner has an issue and brings it to the attention of the service department. Remember...newer software/firmware doesn't always equal "better"...and if there isn't an issue then it's better to leave well enough alone. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Amen to that NoobNox! It would be nice if we could see what versions of software is actually on our vehicles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NoobNox said:
Why would a dealership do an ECM reflash with no recall on a brand new vehicle that has no issues? Service bulletins are for fixes/updates if an owner has an issue and brings it to the attention of the service department. Remember...newer software/firmware doesn't always equal "better"...and if there isn't an issue then it's better to leave well enough alone. ;)
Well, you don't have the whole story.

We bought it with 2,900 miles on it, so it's not BRAND new, but pretty close. AND it idles quite rough while in eco-mode (and by quite, I mean there's a noticeable difference between eco and non-eco). Looks like I do indeed have two updates specifically around fuel density and misfires, so hopefully it won't be in vain.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Rough idle in ECO is normal it's even mentioned in the owners manual :)

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, they had it all day and after running some tests they found both service bulletins to be applicable due to a slight misfire and the updated fuel mileage display.

So, as of now, I'm pulling about 26 mpg w/ mixed driving about 50/50 city/hwy. Pretty pleased with that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
Linky no worky = sad here
I got the link to work honey and it is now saved. :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Mrs. MOCHANOX said:
I got the link to work honey and it is now saved. :)
Thanks sweetie...must have been a "www.fart" thingy ;D

·
Registered
626 Posts
Are you two not in the same house? ;D

·
Registered
143 Posts
mnussbaum said:
Are you two not in the same house? ;D
Heck, not only in the same house but on the same Computer!!!!!!! :)

Must be a "California" thing I guess.......he types "Hey Sweetie, bring me a beer"....she types "get it yourself honey"....and neither of them get up from the computer....and no beer either.........
;D ;D

·
Registered
978 Posts
Really cute !!!

Hahaha...

Yes same house

No not same computer...she is on laptop...I am on PC...the two are networked through a wireless router

When she gets me a beer...she walks with the IPOD 4th Gen using Wi-Fi through router

Now THAT...is a California thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
;D ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts