GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,

I have the SLT 2 with the nav screen. When you go to the comfort and control screen for the "easy exit seat" and check it off so that it is turned on, is there any way to program the seat so that it will stop from moving all the way back? I like the easy exit seat. It saves on hauling mud & snow into the Terrain but when my daughter is sitting in the back behind the drivers seat with her winter boots on she says "it squishes" her... lol. So i can only have it turned on when she is not with me. If your wondering why i don't move her to the passengar side of the truck its safer for her to be on the drivers side and when parked in the garage we have more room to open the door on the drivers side than the passengar side. Garage just isnt big enough for three vehicles and a carlift... lol.

Thank you in advance,

IceBear :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
You can hit any direction on the powered seat switch and it will stop moving - I think.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm i might have to try that but i wanted to know if you could just program it to stop where ever you'd like so that you wouldnt have to do that. Kinda a pain in the A**....

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I don't have this feature so I can't comment...but why is the drivers side rear seat considered safer than the passengers? I've never heard this before.. ???

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have been using the Easy Exit option, too. My seat does not go all the way back, just a couple inches from the normal or memory position. Perhaps, yours does too, you just normally have your seat farther back?

My biggest hang up with the Easy Exit setting is that the seat does not return to the normal position, unless the Unlock button is depressed first. I think that is part of using the Memory recall option. That isn't a big deal most of the time, but I don't lock my car when in the garage. That means I need to hit the unlock button when I get into the car in the morning even when the door isn't locked.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NoobNox said:
I don't have this feature so I can't comment...but why is the drivers side rear seat considered safer than the passengers? I've never heard this before.. ???
Statistics show that more accidents happen on the passengar side of the vehicle than the drivers. The best place for a car seat/booster seat is in the middle of the back seat.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jstpsntym said:
I have been using the Easy Exit option, too. My seat does not go all the way back, just a couple inches from the normal or memory position. Perhaps, yours does too, you just normally have your seat farther back?

My biggest hang up with the Easy Exit setting is that the seat does not return to the normal position, unless the Unlock button is depressed first. I think that is part of using the Memory recall option. That isn't a big deal most of the time, but I don't lock my car when in the garage. That means I need to hit the unlock button when I get into the car in the morning even when the door isn't locked.
Well, i am kinda short so i'm not sitting too far back. But yes your probably right on it going back just a couple of inches from the memory setting. I'll have to be sure to check that out.

I have never noticed that you have to hit the unlock button first, i thought it was when you opened the drivers door. I park in the garage as well but just out of habit, i tend to lock it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts