GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use the easy exit feature? I played around with it yesterday but found it kind of a pain.

On my other car with memory seats I use the easy exit but there is a difference. On my other car when you remove the ignition key the seat slides back same as the Equinox BUT when I insert the key it moves back to my preset memory position. On the Equinox you have to hold the memory button to return the seat to the memory position. I know this is how it is designed but I found it to be annoying so I disabled it.

Also I find that entering and exiting the Nox is fine without the seat fully back unlike my Corvette where it's a whole lot harder to get out of with the seat in the driving position.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:
Anyone use the easy exit feature? I played around with it yesterday but found it kind of a pain.

On my other car with memory seats I use the easy exit but there is a difference. On my other car when you remove the ignition key the seat slides back same as the Equinox BUT when I insert the key it moves back to my preset memory position. On the Equinox you have to hold the memory button to return the seat to the memory position. I know this is how it is designed but I found it to be annoying so I disabled it.

Also I find that entering and exiting the Nox is fine without the seat fully back unlike my Corvette where it's a whole lot harder to get out of with the seat in the driving position.
That would be nice to have i will have to check that out as I use it always on my 07 Denali

I find that exiting the Terrain i'm always striking my thigh on the outer drivers seat bolster.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Not on our 2011...
Sounds like you don't have it set right.

Ours moves up to the preset without holding memory button.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IceMan said:
Not on our 2011...
Sounds like you don't have it set right.

Ours moves up to the preset.
So it moves back to the memory position when you insert the key? Humm... Guess I'll have to play around with it some more. LOL

·
Registered
125 Posts
Its disabled on my car and Im glad. whenever i get into a car that has that feature i end up crushing my legs as Im 6'4" and my wife is 5'7", my sister is 5'5", and my mom is 5'8" (but moves the seat all the way up to drive). whenever i get into any of their cars (the Nox is my wifes car) i have to worry about that feature, or rather, I forget about it and get crushed.

but I do find it annoying that the memory feature requires you hold the button down. why cant it work like the other vehicles ive used with that feature and hitting it once moves it to its spot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:

I read the manual and went to the vehicle set-up "comfort and convenience" settings and all that was there was Vehicle Chime setting.

Reading a little more I think perhaps the Easy Exit feature might be part of the "Memory Package" which I don't see listed anywhere in the options.

Is this an option available only on the SLT-2 build?

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
The new Equinox is my Wife's vehicle. When we first got it...she set everything for her key...then went over the settings with me for my key(been awhile). However...the easy exit feature is on and in use. If she exits..and then I unlock with 'my key'..the easy exit position automatically 'returns to my driving setting after opening the door'...and I can easily slide in without being cramped. For her...visa/versa.
However ...I was wrong about simply taking the key out of the ignition. If you don't exit the car...but put the key back in...it's true...you must push the memory button to adjust seat back to previous position. Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
830 Posts
It's standard on SLT-2

Sgt1411 said:
I read the manual and went to the vehicle set-up "comfort and convenience" settings and all that was there was Vehicle Chime setting.

Reading a little more I think perhaps the Easy Exit feature might be part of the "Memory Package" which I don't see listed anywhere in the options.

Is this an option available only on the SLT-2 build?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts