GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when this is enabled, the drivers seat moves all the way back to allow the driver to enter and exit the vehicle easily.

I assumed that once I got back in and started the vehicle, that the seat would return to where I had originally set it. But it doesn't.

Is there a setting that allows this, or is this how it works and we have to manually move the seat back up to the position we want?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Upon re-entering the vehicle and sitting in the driver seat, you can push either the Memory 1 or Memory 2 buttons to return the seat to the programmed positions.
The seat cannot discern who is sitting in the vehicle, so to speak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
gearhead said:
Upon re-entering the vehicle and sitting in the driver seat, you can push either the Memory 1 or Memory 2 buttons to return the seat to the programmed positions.
The seat cannot discern who is sitting in the vehicle, so to speak.
I think our Outlook has the option to store the seat setting (1 or 2) in the remote. Maybe these vehicles have that functionality.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Terrain does have the ability to store the seat settings in the remote. The procedure is outlined in the owners manual. I found to use this feature you need to lock the car after you get out then when you use your remote to unlock the car the seat will retrurn to the memory position that was programed into it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
A clarification on part 2 is needed I think. It's not press both the mem and number button at the same time. But, rather it's press the mem button and hold it while then pressing the number button. The seat will beep immediately after the number button press if done correctly to indicate the storage of the position data.

We figured this out by trial and error.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yes I would like a copy. I was enjoying the Terrain manual but it was removed from the guys site who was hosting it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
SnowItch said:
Just found that the owners manual is available on-line for all GM vehicles.

There is a GM Owner's Center group hosted on Yahoo, and you can download the manual there.

I got to the page by following a link from the monthly OnStar vehicle diagnostics report. On the right side, under my VIN, there is a link to the "GM Owner Center Online".

http://gmownercenter.yahoo.com

Owner's Manual is an option near the top of the page, on the left, right below "My Dashboard"

I'm assuming Terrain owners would see the same information.

Yes I tried it. Thanks works great. Owners Manual answers many questions!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sorry..ouch...wont do it again... ouch..(self flagellation )

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
Just went up to this site to see if my Nox was listed for recall (it's not), and noticed that I can now download a .pdf of the Navigation System Owner's manual[/color] as well as the Owner's manual. That is definitely a new link.
Indeed it is there.
Good eyes and thanks for sharing SnowItch!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts