GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have the Nav system, but my 2010 GM Terrain has a single disc for the CD/DVD. I had 2 little ones watching a *super annoying* DVD with their headsets on, when the headsets suddenly stopped receiving signal, thus making ME listen to the movie over the regular speakers. THEN, they wanted a new movie and after pressing EJECT- I get "mechanical error" on my display. The disc won't eject. Pressed it a few times, and then it reads- please remove disc. HMMM Anyone else have this problem? I have a disc stuck in my player now. :\ TIA Jenn

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Acesmom said:
I do not have the Nav system, but my 2010 GM Terrain has a single disc for the CD/DVD. I had 2 little ones watching a *super annoying* DVD with their headsets on, when the headsets suddenly stopped receiving signal, thus making ME listen to the movie over the regular speakers. THEN, they wanted a new movie and after pressing EJECT- I get "mechanical error" on my display. The disc won't eject. Pressed it a few times, and then it reads- please remove disc. HMMM Anyone else have this problem? I have a disc stuck in my player now. :\ TIA Jenn
It happened to me twice.I have NAV. Got the same error.

Ijust held down the eject button for a few seconds and it came out. Very weird

·
Registered
977 Posts
This was in a prior thread I read. I believe the #P... is a TSB on this problem.

#PI0124
CD/DVD Will not eject from Instrument Panel Mounted Player(May 10,2010)
Botton line, cd/dvd catches on lip of trim if it wasn't installed just right
Mine is doing it.....

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I posted about the TSB number PI0124
Trim has to be removed and either replaced correctly or new trim has to be put on
If you lift up on the trim above the slot you can get the dvd/cd out at least on mine this works but dont do it while driving

1 - 4 of 4 Posts