GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can't watch a DVD movie while driving on the navigation and I don't want to spend $300 for a GM lockpick

and I know it's not safe, but I was planning on doing it for my passenger driver.

I've read that if you press a certain button, or a portion of the screen for 3 seconds, some keypad comes up and you can type in codes into the navigation to make it do certain things, like this...is this true?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've yet to find it. It's a shame because I know so much could be done with this system if it were more widely available to the modding community.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Unfortunately I think you'll find there wont be a lockpick for these (at least there isnt one right now) GM (or Denso depending on whose idea it was) integrated a Two+ Interlock on that feature meaning there are at least two triggers that disable the DVD/Destination input etc. I've been playing with it on and off and I can override the first one however it still cuts off at a certain speed and I have yet to figure out where its pulling the speed reading from (bus or GPS). I have a spare nav unit, when I actually get 5 minutes to myself I'll probably play with this some more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you dont want to pay for a lock pick how do you think you are going to do it? You will definately need some kind of interface to tell the radio the vehicle is doing something different than it is. I know I saw a post on here somewhere that someone was making a video in motion module for the Terrain foraround $300 and everybody told him he was crazy and they werent gonna pay for it. Unfortunately if people are not going to pay for it nobody is going to make it. I cant help on the Nav units but I am taking my new 2012 non nav unit to Nav TV to have them give me a video input for the factory screen so I can run DVD, Nav, and maybe iPod video.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts