GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, does anyone know if they are available in both cloth and leather seats? The Chevy website shows only on leather, but the GMC site allows a build of that option on cloth seats...just wondering what's the truth?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I'm not sure, but it'd be a good idea, IMO, for GM to offer rear DVD for both leather and cloth interiors on all models.
From a marketing perspective, however, they may think that if you're ponying up to buy the infotainment package, odds are you're into the leather as well...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
Don't know that answer to your question on the cloth vs leather, but I wanted to chime in that the flip-up screens scream "Cool" for my 15 and 17 year olds. Hard to impress teenagers, so I knew GM was on to something when they couldn't wait to show them to their friends.

This old fuddy-duddy loves the fact that I don't have screens clearly visible screaming "steal me"

On a different note, the wireless headphones included with the system do a good job of noise isolation. My wife and I were able to listen to music (at a reasonable volume) while the kids were watching a movie, without them constantly asking us to turn down the music. The Entertainment package is a well implemented package.
Ditto, we have 14 and 17 year olds who call the Terrain "sick" which apparently means "very cool" in old age language!
LOL!
Keeps them very occupied (one can watch a DVD, the other can plug in a camera, for example) while Mom and I listen to some "SPA" or "Smooth Jazz" music on XM Sirius Satellite radio 71 or 72, or the 8GB iPOD nano with 1900+ songs, or the HD which we're still trying to fill with 40 GB of "stuff".
If you can afford it and have kids, by all means go for it.
It'll make your trip more pleasurable, well it does for us anyway.
We're going on an extended ski trip end of the month, about 5 hour drive each way...sholuld be interesting (sorry for rambling...LOL).

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
Not rambling - the technical details this geek loves to hear.

I love the wealth of music available on XM, and especially love the commercial free stations. When I want to take control, I usually plug in a Zune 120GB with over 18,000 songs. Haven't put anything on the Hard Drive yet, because all of the songs I have ripped in my collection are in .m4a files that the Nox doesn't like to read.

Unfortunately, although I understand that the USB connector will read some Zunes, the 120GB isn't among them. Besides, as I understand it, I exceed the number of songs.

Having taken a long trip not to long ago without "entertainment for the teens", I can vouch for how much more pleasurable the trip is for everyone.

Going on a ski trip ourselves in the near future. Kids can't wait to try out the wii.[/color]
LOL, just make sure they hang on to the wii controller while you're driving and they're playing.
The resolution should be excellent for the wii.

18,000 songs, holy Toledo!
When I take the Terrain by myself (mostly during the weekends), I noticed if I play with the Infotainment for too long, a warning message appears on the screen about the dangers of driving and playing with the infotainment!
LOL!
I think it must sense there's no one present in the passenger seat then monitors how often you mess with the Infotainment while you're in Drive.

We have set up groups of favourite songs and stations, so most of our Infotainment access is via the steering wheel controls while driving alone...
;)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
Yep, I must say that I' 'm very pleased with how much you can control from the steering wheel controls.

Just got a new cell phone that supports voice dialing, so I get to play with that tomorrow.
Still waiting for the Company I work for to get me a Bluetooth enabled phone.
We're using the 2-way Mike phones from Motorola right now and mine is not Bluetooth.

From what I've read, you simply have to add it to the existing OnStar phone system.
Seems pretty straight forward, can't wait!
I should add the kids Blackberry and iPhone to it, I'm sure their Bluetooth capable???

OnStar's minutes are kinda expensive IMO, but great for emergencies.
Once the novelty wears off for the kids calling Mom in the Terrain, it shouldn't cost too much to maintain.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe the dvd screens are the same with cloth and leather seats. I'll let you know when I pick up mine this evening. Ordered a SLE-2, 18" wheels, DVD, and convenience package (heated seats and remote start). Took over 8 weeks but I think it will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
Great news - it seems like a while since we've heard of anyone picking up an ordered vehicle. Hopefully the supply chain is cranking up again after the holidays.

I hope the rear screens are the same. We have the flip-up screens in our 2010 Nox and they are nice - both when in use and not.[/color]
I think the Nox and the Terrain DVD's look the same, SnowItch.
Been a while since we test drove the Nox, but that's how I remember them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Picked our Terrain up last night and Yes the DVD with cloth seats are the same as the leather. Flip up and look very nice!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love everything so far!!! This is by far the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. The red stitching on the jet black interior is a really nice touch and I also like the chrome surround on the interior. 1 thing I would change is the seat part of the seats is a little short for me. But the overall leg room is more than adequate. Me and my husband sat in the garage and played with the bluetooth and such last night (kiddo was inside asleep). Everything is really easy to set up. All the technology was initially a little overwhelming but after working with it I already find it useful. 1 big surprise: This may not make sense to most people. I didn't think I would use the backup camera, but as soon as I was pulling out of the dealership I fell in love with it. I live in a small town when main street is 2 lanes and you park diagonal along the road and it is really hard to see cars coming when backing out, but the backup camera actually angles perfectly to see down the road. It will come in very handy!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts