GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I messed up something in the config or I actually have an issue. I've noticed when I get out of my car, hit lock twice in the key (horn and lights go), and walk away that my driver door will either be unlocked when I get back (all 3 other doors remain locked), or it sorta unlocks but another pull and it opens. Then horn starts beeping as if I'm trying to brake in.

My door settings are as follows:
auto door unlock: all doors
unlocked door anti lock out: checked
door unlock: all doors

am I screwing something up or should I see my dealer?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried it again and it actually locked, but then a few more tries and no more locking. So i went to the dealer and had my sales guy look at it. Thank God it actually happened and I didn't look stupid! So he's taken note of that to give to the service manager, he thinks something in the latch is stuck. I told him I can wait until my seat is in (i have a weird crease in my leather driver's seat and they're going to replace it) and have them fix both. I can lock it manually using the key so thankfully there's no security issue. Just an odd problem I guess!

·
Registered
277 Posts
That's not something I've heard before. Agree w/SnowItch and am glad the dealer is going to fix it. That is really strange!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Islander said:
That's not something I've heard before. Agree w/SnowItch and am glad the dealer is going to fix it. That is really strange!
That's exactly how my sales guy put it, well except for the part about SnowItch ;). He said he's never seen it before.

He's been great the whole purchase to delivery process. Gave us a decent discount, has listened to every single whiney complaint I've had and been a pro the whole time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My passenger side rear door sporatically will not unlock. When I take it back for an oil change I will have it checked out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts