GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my SLE on July 6, and had it to the dealership twice for them to recushion the drivers bottom seat. I still have something jabbing me on my upper right thigh. I have aksed for them to take the seat apart so I can see what the prob is. Anyone else have seat probs? Mine are heated cloth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
That thing jabbing you is called "bolstering" I do agree that the bolstering on these seats is a little too aggressive for a non-sporting vehicle.....and the seats aren't made for anything larger than small/medium butts. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
2011 SLE II with the heated seats at 7,000 miles the seats are great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
My 2011 SLT 2 heated leather seats are excellent, no issues ... Mind you I am a tiny person. [/color] :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
Our SLE-2 with heated seats has no such issue. The seats are great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer and district manager said they are done trying to fix the seat problem. So I have a $30,000 vehicle that I HATE to drive! I have a call into GMC. I am VERY upset!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
cirks1996 said:
I bought my SLE on July 6, and had it to the dealership twice for them to recushion the drivers bottom seat. I still have something jabbing me on my upper right thigh. I have aksed for them to take the seat apart so I can see what the prob is. Anyone else have seat probs? Mine are heated cloth.
I am glad to see that you are working with yoru local dealership regarding your concern. Please feel free to keep me posted. You can contact me via private message as well. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
cirks1996 said:
Dealer and district manager said they are done trying to fix the seat problem. So I have a $30,000 vehicle that I HATE to drive! I have a call into GMC. I am VERY upset!
So was there really something wrong with the seat or is it the overall design you don't like? Thankfully I'm a fairly slender build at 6'1 175lbs, but I do have a brother-in-law who is an ex college offensive lineman (300+) and he says the seats are too small for him..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
cirks1996 said:
Dealer and district manager said they are done trying to fix the seat problem. So I have a $30,000 vehicle that I HATE to drive! I have a call into GMC. I am VERY upset!
Appears as tho you didn't take it for to long of a test drive....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Re: Drivers and passenger seats suck!

We have leather heated seats and my right leg goes to sleep after 1 and 1/2 hours of driving. I've tried cushions and pads, but nothing helps except getting out of the vehicle every hour. Even when I sit in the passenger seat it goes to sleep. I'm small to medium build and have had the Equinox since April of 2010.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
Re: Drivers and passenger seats suck!

2010 Nox 2LT said:
We have leather heated seats and my right leg goes to sleep after 1 and 1/2 hours of driving. I've tried cushions and pads, but nothing helps except getting out of the vehicle every hour. Even when I sit in the passenger seat it goes to sleep. I'm small to medium build and have had the Equinox since April of 2010.
one would think your other leg would go to sleep if your changed seats.....maybe you have poor circulation in that leg......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Weird, I'm 6'3 and over 300 lbs and the Equinox has the most comfortable seat in any car that I've owned before. Absolutely no issues on long trips either. The seats in my old Trailblazer were brutal though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
:thumb: to all who think they are comfortable. I don't have any discomfort nor does my wife with these seats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
ChevyMgr said:
:thumb: to all who think they are comfortable. I don't have any discomfort nor does my wife with these seats.
I don't think they're uncomfortable by any means, but they are a little narrower between the bolsters than a lot of seats in similar vehicles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
I have to say that I did an extensive test drive and the seat felt more like a racing seat. Meaning that it hugged more to the sides and legs. Now that its been broken in it doesn't feel wuite the same. Not bad, just not as "sporty" I guess. Also, I'm 6'3 and 300 or so... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
Let's not rule out that cirks1996 may actually be experiencing a defect or genuine problem with the driver's seat. He specifically said, the upper right portion. I'm interested in seeing what the dealership concludes as a possible cause.

Cirks - are you generally a fan of supportive bolstering? or do you prefer a flatter seat? are these the cloth or leather seats?


Personally, one of the main selling points for my purchase was the nice bolstering and a welcome feature for a CUV (vs. sports coupe)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
I'm posting this even though I may get lambasted that though I'm no longer a Terrain owner (see me again in '13 maybe) but those seats are decidedly narrow compared to other vehicles. And the sports car bolsters are no excuses and are pretty lame... this vehicle is underpowered even in V6 form. Hard to believe I wasted this much money TWICE.

Shop around people... that's my best advice...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
Terrain said:
I'm posting this even though I may get lambasted that though I'm no longer a Terrain owner (see me again in '13 maybe) but those seats are decidedly narrow compared to other vehicles. And the sports car bolsters are no excuses and are pretty lame... this vehicle is underpowered even in V6 form. Hard to believe I wasted this much money TWICE.

Shop around people... that's my best advice...
yeeeeeoooowwwwzza
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Don't get me wrong folks... from September 2009 to July 2011 the Terrain SLT-2 was my main squeeze. Now, I don't see how could live without my panoramic sunroof nor could I do without my 'magic' door handles, REALLY comfortable seats or push button start. This [email protected] is closer than our first-gen Caddy SRX to the Terrain. Ton more power and a much more comfortable ride than either than our vehicles.

Hmmm haven't owned a Ford since an F150 in '05
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top