GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this may sound weird, but I have noticed this, and so has my wife (without bringing it to her attention first)

when I drive, my left foot rests on the floor mat in the location of the floor mat hook....in that area, i frequently feel a little movement/vibration/rattle

There is minimal to no noise heard, I just feel something under my foot.....i can also feel it if i put my hand under the floor mat.

It occures mainly over bumps and under acceleration

I looked underneth and the closest part to this area is the brake cable going from under the carpet, to the exterior under the vehicle.

I thought maybe the subframe bolt or the mount is the culprit because it did not do it today in the rain.

I know this may not make much sense, but has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
698 Posts
It might help for you to describe your vehicle details (year, engine, drivetrain, etc.) - maybe even put the info in your signature.

That way, folks reading might better be able to respond and help you out...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whoops I thought I had a signature....guess not

2010 terrain 4cyl slt fwd

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Wait...this is something you feel while driving and "mainly over bumps and during acceleration"....and you had your hand under the floormat? Sounds dangerous. :eek: ;D

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would recommend taking the vehicle into your local dealership to be diagnosed. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have '10 Equinox w/ 4cyl LT1 with similar issue. Currently at dealer 3rd time to fix. I have a rattling sound to with it. Did you ever determine the cause?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i tightened a body mount and so far it went away

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
snarkee said:
i tightened a body mount and so far it went away
Which body mount was it? I don't have this issue with my Nox, but it would be nice to know just in case..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts