GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank is full of summer w/w fluid and the cold weather is near. I have a plastic flexible hose with a pump on one end that I used on my other vehicles - worrked great. This hose will not go into the tank via the filler tube, probably because of the bend(s) in the filler tube. I'd like to get the summer stuff out so I can add cold weather fluid. Any ideas?
Ken

·
Registered
338 Posts
Summer washer fluid? I've never heard of such a thing, unless you speak of water.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ChevyMgr said:
Summer washer fluid? I've never heard of such a thing, unless you speak of water.
[/quote

My son used washer fluid meant for warmer weather once and it froze up on him when it got cold here in Michigan, summer blend fluid can freeze if the temp gets below 32 degrees Fahrenheit I believe.

Ken Rosey , you may have to do as [bTerra-Nox ][/b] has suggested and run run your washers until you have emptied the washer jug. Good luck.

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Haole Da Kine said:
Add 1/4 cup of gas line antifreeze or Isopropyl alcohol to tank.
Is Isopropyl alcohol OK to get on the car's paint ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sure, Those little square cleaning pads are pure isopropyl alcholol (70%), And you're just going to use a very dilute solution to finish the washer tank, Winter solution is 30% methyl alchohol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts