GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i tried to unlock my 2019 Terrain the interior lights came on but the doors did not unlock. Tried both fobs with the same results. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Do the doors unlock with the physical door mounted buttons? If they dont then you will need to do a deep scan of the vehicle and check for any codes which will not show up on the dash, B,C,P, U. A good bi scan tool can send commands to your doors to see if the network is good. Even though you have a 19, Your vehicle Battery may be causing some issues and you get it checked out.. Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the doors unlock with the physical door mounted buttons? If they dont then you will need to do a deep scan of the vehicle and check for any codes which will not show up on the dash, B,C,P, U. A good bi scan tool can send commands to your doors to see if the network is good. Even though you have a 19, Your vehicle Battery may be causing some issues and you get it checked out.. Good luck

·
Registered
2017 Equinox LT 2.4 FWD
476 Posts
Great to hear that what is was, it is a pity however a 19 with 36k will need a new AGM battery.
Not sure what GM is doing with their OEM AGM batteries, but on my wife's 17 Nox the traditional lead acid battery from the factory was only good enough to insure getting past the B to B warranty. It lasted one month short of 4 years and probably only that long because I live in SC where the battery wasn't subjected to any cold weather stresses. The factory supplied AC-Delco was only 525 CCA, the replacement AC-Delco I installed was 650 CCA.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Batteries aren't what they used to be. The battery in my 2015 Equinox lasted 4.5 years including a few months each year at or below freezing temps. Replaced it with a battery from Advance Auto Parts. I owned a 2006 Chevy Impala for 5 years and it still had the original battery when I traded it in. The Hyundai I regrettably traded the Impala for needed a new battery after only 3 years.

A new AGM H6 battery [Champion house brand] at Pep Boys is $210...and includes a 48-month free replacement warranty. That is probably the route I would take. If the vehicle needs another battery before the 48 months are up...get a free replacement!

·
Registered
2017 Equinox LT 2.4 FWD
476 Posts
Batteries aren't what they used to be. The battery in my 2015 Equinox lasted 4.5 years including a few months each year at or below freezing temps. Replaced it with a battery from Advance Auto Parts. I owned a 2006 Chevy Impala for 5 years and it still had the original battery when I traded it in. The Hyundai I regrettably traded the Impala for needed a new battery after only 3 years.

A new AGM H6 battery [Champion house brand] at Pep Boys is $210...and includes a 48-month free replacement warranty. That is probably the route I would take. If the vehicle needs another battery before the 48 months are up...get a free replacement!
I believe you're right arcee, there seems to be enough anecdotal evidence to support the theory that the newer batteries don't last as long. I have my own theory as to why and anyone is free to shoot holes in it, but here goes. In order to meet competitive pressures, shortcuts in the lead recycling process by the battery manufacturers have resulted in contaminated lead alloys. Odyssey Batteries claims to use 99% pure lead in their AGM batteries with 3X the service life of the average battery, but they are very $pendy. As usual you get what you pay for I guess.

·
Registered
293 Posts
What really frosts my flakes, is not only are the Batteries not lasting as long, we are paying more for them. At the moment my wifes 18 Terrain still has the original battery in it and it dates back to 7/17 which was the build date for our vehicle in Mexico. A new Delco which is what i would put on the vehicle which does have a higher CCA is nearly $420 Can at the Dealership not including the Hour for Installation at 160 per hour. Up in Canada we really dont have the choices and the competition that you our cousins have down south. The Big Auto House Canadian Tire just has junk and as someone said up in an above post, they truly will only last until the day after the warranty expires.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Only a little over 3 yrs on the OEM battery in my '16 nox.
Recycled lead in today's batteries is my take on short life. I've had 3 batteries in the last 15 yrs fail due to internal connection failures BTW.
My long term ''keeper'' vehicles now get Odessey batteries. Pure lead construction, a lot pricier but longer lasting.
Odessey has limited sizes, but one can get one to fit. I even put one in my stationary generator that ate batteries every 3 yrs. as I need it to start in winter -30F temps.
If no Odessey, it's only East Penn made in the USA in PA batteries for me. Deka, some Yuasa and even some WM Duracell batteries are made by them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Companies are using recycled lead, and autos are relying more and more on batteries to start the car with the auto-stop feature. Could this be a set up for failure??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts