GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For several months, I have had problems with key fob not locking/unlocking power doors or opening rear hatch. I changed the batteries in both fobs and continue to have this intermittent problem. Yesterday, the key fob would not function at all. Rear hatch would not open with fob or when depressing switch on door due to it being locked. I used the key to enter the vehicle ( alarm went off as when I always have to unlock it in this manner), inserted key into ignition, alarm went off. Started car. I then attempted to open the rear hatch with the overhead button, but nothing happened. Turned ignition switch off and on 3 times; nothing. I then placed car in reverse, backed up about 4 feet, put it back in park and viola! All of a sudden the overhead switch opened the rear hatch. What is going on?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
What model year? Might want to create a signature with your year, make, and model for future reference.

I don’t have the powered liftgate on my 2011 Nox, but it sounds like the vehicle needs to be in PARK for the liftgate to open? Maybe the computer isn’t sensing the PARK position properly? There was a problem like this with multiple GM models, but it would post the message “Shift To Park” ... you didn’t mention seeing that with your vehicle. I might try to see if shifting in and out of PARK “fixes” your problem with regularity.

As for the remotes working intermittently, if I had 2 remotes doing this, and I was sure the batteries were good, then I’d be suspecting something common on the vehicle - like the receiver. But how about your battery - how old is it? We’ve seen all kinds of weird electrical issues on these vehicles when the battery starts to decline.

The other question is - do you have any warranty left that would allow you to take it to a dealer with some “wallet protection“?

Reactions: RIT333
1 - 2 of 2 Posts