GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Equinox with locking issues. I have power locks and I can unlock my doors by hitting the button but I can not lock them. When i put my car in drive the doors lock like they are supposed to. I thought it was the actuators but they are working fine. I also reset the locks so that when I put the car in park the doors dont unlock so my trunk hatch locks. So is it a fuse? the switch? electrical? Someone please help! :banghead:

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
mathiss01 said:
I have a 2005 Equinox with locking issues. I have power locks and I can unlock my doors by hitting the button but I can not lock them. When i put my car in drive the doors lock like they are supposed to. I thought it was the actuators but they are working fine. I also reset the locks so that when I put the car in park the doors dont unlock so my trunk hatch locks. So is it a fuse? the switch? electrical? Someone please help! :banghead:
Possibly there is a sensor that thinks one of the doors is still open. Either bad sensor, or a door is really open. Many cars will not lock the doors when one door is thought to be open becuase then the owner would think that the car is securely locked, while it really isn't. Just a thought...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE
So i took my car to the dealership to get the remote to unlock the door and it fixed it for a day but then my locks started to freak out. I will be driving and the just freak out. When I click the remote to unlock them they lock and unlock several times and the just stay locked. Anyone know what this could be?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
mathiss01 said:
UPDATE
So i took my car to the dealership to get the remote to unlock the door and it fixed it for a day but then my locks started to freak out. I will be driving and the just freak out. When I click the remote to unlock them they lock and unlock several times and the just stay locked. Anyone know what this could be?
I'd say it's the dealers problem... sounds like you took it to them to fix,and they didn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts