GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about ordered chrome door handles. Anyone replace theirs?

How long to replace? Do you have the remove inside door panel?

Thanks/Kevin

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am interested as well. There are chomre covers on Ebay that i have considered purchasing but have not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think I read in one of these threads that you have to remove the panel to install. That is enough for me to want professional help or a step-by-step process.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup just did mine.

Door panels do NOT have to come off, just need a T25 screwdriver and 5 minutes per door.

Kevin

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
TORX Size 25 - sort of 5 pointed star shaped.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Bought the plastic stick on kind, works fine looks good and I didn't have to worry about screwing up the paint.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm debating doing this. I did chrome the door pillars. On my VUE I did have handles that matched the paint (They were black) so have color keyed door handles is something mew ;)

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
RNOX said:
I'm debating doing this. I did chrome the door pillars. On my VUE I did have handles that matched the paint (They were black) so have color keyed door handles is something mew ;)
What's the cost for the factory handles? I think the plastic ones set me back $45.00 for all 4 and mirror covers were only $60.00 for both of them

·
Registered
142 Posts
Covers vs Handle

Covers:
Benefits - quick install, inexpensive(if purchased online)
Con - not OEM, might pop off, quality might be a concern to some buyers
Chrome door handle covers range from $30 shipped and up on ebay. http://tinyurl.com/8a8utq9
Other sites sell them for $37 and up plus shipping - quick google search http://tinyurl.com/7ddugnz

Handles:
Benefits - quick install, OEM, quality component,
Con - need tools and some skill to install, expensive (start at about $115 shipped.)

Both Covers and Handles are ABS with a chrome layer on top. If you do decide to go with the covers, you shouldn't pay over $40 for them. You shouldn't spend over $150 shipped for the OEM chrome handles. My Outlook has the chrome handles (OEM) and they still look good after 3 years of ownership.

I did a quick write up on removing/installing the handles. http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=3867.0

JCarm75

·
Registered
160 Posts
Why do people keep saying there is no difference? I put on the covers and it is blatantly obvious they are covers(bulky and lip to see the original color for top) as soon as you grab the door handle or get close you can tell that they are covers. Please Please Please! save yourself the time and money and just get the handles.

I just bought the OEM chrome handles. Does anyone know how to safely remove the covers from my white original handles? Trying to do that before I put them up in storage.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know it has been a long time since posted, but a heat gun would be the best bet to remove the stick on chrome covers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts