GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the dome light over the back seat or cargo area? I have one of the new lights on order for the 2011 model. (The one with 2 lights and the switches) Actually it's on backorder. I would like to know if they just snap in, or how they're attached.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My guess would be that the hole is the same and should just snap in and even the electrical connection should be the same. I was happily surprised when I picked up my Equinox LTZ 2011 on September first that they’ve changed the rear seat dome light to now include individual switches. This is a feature that I found in other SUV and thought was cool. My daughters are now able to read when dark if they want to!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just remembered that I need to post a pic of the dome light for another forum member. Will do that shortly. :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
I would be interested in that upgrade.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The part number is 13285096 lists for $177.38 got mine for $133.00. .....when it comes in.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Is that us o
rickbb63 said:
The part number is 13285096 lists for $177.38 got mine for $133.00. .....when it comes in.
is that USA or can pricing and did get gm empl pricing?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's US dollars, Brother in law ownimg dealership pricing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
GMPartsdirect has it for 106.43.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would be interested too, if it fits (body and electrical) to replace the second lamp.

So, please let us know when you put it in.

·
Registered
468 Posts
rickbb63 said:
That's US dollars, Brother in law ownimg dealership pricing.
martdesr said:
GMPartsdirect has it for 106.43.
So it is true, a dealer would screw over his own mother, or in this case brother in law.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Are the same bulbs used on the new dome light?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So Roesterman, are you going to order one? The GM parts direct shows it now, as of last week, it did not have anything on that part number. Supposedly they have them in the warehouse in Lansing. I'll know more tomorrow when I get an update from my dealer.

·
Registered
635 Posts
rickbb63 said:
So Roesterman, are you going to order one? The GM parts direct shows it now, as of last week, it did not have anything on that part number. Supposedly they have them in the warehouse in Lansing. I'll know more tomorrow when I get an update from my dealer.
Gmpartsdirect.ca has none listed and they don't show pricing. Gmpartsdirect.com doesn't deliver to Canada. I am considering my options. I would also like to hear from someone who has done the conversion.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would like to know if anyone has done the conversion too. Although, I just found out about the changes to the 2011 model a short time ago on this forum. I had to go to a dealer that had the 2011 Nox's, confirm the new part, then get the number. It appears to be the exact same size, so it should fit. I'll let everyone know next week if I get it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Nice upgrade, Looks great.
Since nobody will ever be in the rear seats of my Terrain, I can save $$$$$$. Maybe spend that $$$$ on rear spot lights to turn on at idiots who don't turn off their brights. Did that on another car years ago....worked great. Also was fantastic for backing up in the dark. ;D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, picked up thje light today. Same wiring harness except: missing third wire for power to turn on lights individually. Had to soldier a wire to the proper spot on light fixture and run the wire under the headliner to the fuse panel. I hooked into a lead the is on when the key is on. I could not find a fuse "hot" at all times in the small fuse panel inside. I did not want to try and run the wire to the panel under the hood. Besides, this way it can't be left on by mistake.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Doesn't power run to existing dome fixture that could be tapped into for both sides?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One of the power wires is for the regular lights when a door is opened or the lights are switched on from the front overhead switch. Other than that, there is no power to it. You need a power wire that is "hot" all the time for the individual switches. Actually, I found one from the inside panel. #37 on the bottom. It is hot at all times, so that worked out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts