GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has a major drain, and it took me awhile to realize that my dome light fuse was blown because my dome lights worked while my car is running. However, after replacing the fuse my friend and I went for a drive and when we stopped and turned the car ignition off and took the key out the engine was still running ! Untill we took the dome light fuse out ???

·
Registered
2018 Equinox 2LT 2.0T FWD V92
87 Posts
My car has a major drain, and it took me awhile to realize that my dome light fuse was blown because my dome lights worked while my car is running. However, after replacing the fuse my friend and I went for a drive and when we stopped and turned the car ignition off and took the key out the engine was still running ! Untill we took the dome light fuse out ???
Strange interactions like this in vehicles often end up being caused by a bad ground connection...somewhere.
A bad ground can even cause a parasitic battery drain by not allowing the computer to go to sleep when the ignition is turned off. I'd start by making sure that every ground connection you can find is tight and corrosion free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So when I was showing someone today I heard a fast ticking when I barely put the dome fuse in. And it's only when the dome fuse is in that it won't shut off, without it everything except the dome lights work just fine ( dome light work when car is running ) just not when you open the door and the ignitions off.

·
Registered
2010 chevy equinox lt 2.4, 135k miles. Mocha steel metallic mobile 1 full syn extended performance
1,005 Posts
Hot ignition, check the dome light relay and ignition relay, one might be flipped or something. I wouldnt be suprised if it came that way from the factory. Keep the fuse out some things are just best left alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts