21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
None burned. 1.5L 17k miles

·
Registered
179 Posts
So far 3.6L V6, had 79K on it when I bought it and has 83K on it now. So far nothing noticeable, I changed the oil within the first week I owned it even though the dealer just changed it.

·
Registered
746 Posts
3.6 passes a lot of oil through the PCV system. Catch can on mine catches several ounces of oil and now I just disconnected the air intake for that system from the air box connection as I found oil in resonator box it connects to. Just using a small breather filer to clean PCV intake air. Next oil change I'll see how it is doing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
15k since I got it oil changed every 3500 or so(i have a repair shop). not noticed any oil burning.....so far...

·
Registered
3 Posts
How many of you guys are burning any amount of oil? I'm wondering about all motors. I'm hearing that normal consumption rate on the 2.0 turbo is 1qt per 2000 miles... R you experienceing that? Also want to know about diesel motors too. I'm not having any problems just looking to maybe buy a new used gm vehicle soon and I don't want any surprises. I want the 2.0 turbo but I saw that they still burn oil but still not a deal breaker.
I have a '19 2.0 turbo with 25K miles, no oil consumption.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
That is well with within GM's tolerances for oil burning. Count your lucky stars.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
2017 Equinox with the 2.4L engine. Now at 134,500 Km ( 84,000 miles ) and changed the oil one week ago. Burn't about 1/3 of a litre of oil in 8,000 km ( 5000 miles ). So not all 2.4L engines are oil burners...
But yours is well after the troubled model years (2010- May 2013) of Oil Consumption. I would hope the 2017's (the last year of production) finally got it right!

As for my 2011 with the 3.0L V6, I haven't noticed any oil usage. It still completely fills my standard black plastic oil pan right up to the rim ... so much so that pulling it out from underneath the vehicle is very dicey. When it starts getting too easy, I'll know I've got a problem...

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
Colt, when it hsppens, it will be good news and bad news !

Reactions: Colt Hero
21 - 32 of 32 Posts