GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read this forum regularly to find out that I've got the same problems as others. Sub-par mileage, noise at startup, hard starting, crappy windshield wipers, you name it. And all the time I see Tricia posting "I'd like to help, send me your VIN...."

Does she ever actually do anything to help you? Is she really a GM employee or someone they hired to monitor social media and give us the impression GM cares.? So far I haven't seen any change with the "new" GM. They build a vehicle of acceptable, not exceptional quality and act as though we should be grateful.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I'm sure that this thread will get closed soon...

She is with GM, but in what department, i dont think anyone knows..

she will get a case started for you with GM, and you will get contacted by a District Supervisor. After that, she doesnt do anything. I'm assuming, once she gets a case started, she has to stay out of the issue. I have asked several times for more assistance from her, and never get a reply..

she means well, and does get things started...but i dont blame her...i cant get answers from anyone at GM..District Supervisor, the Dealer, GM business resource center....

·
Registered
978 Posts
Plain and Simple

Part of GM Social Media "Customer Service"...not a Customer Service Representative in the traditional interpretation/expectation

As stated...can get ball rolling but that's it...

The consumer can do the same thing for themselves...if they don't need the "handholding"

I also think this thread will get "tossed" if there is any "bashing"...but because the Forum members need to know the truth...I hope everyone places nice when posting !!![/color]

·
Registered
161 Posts
michiganmtbr said:
So I read this forum regularly to find out that I've got the same problems as others. Sub-par mileage, noise at startup, hard starting, crappy windshield wipers, you name it. And all the time I see Tricia posting "I'd like to help, send me your VIN...."

Does she ever actually do anything to help you? Is she really a GM employee or someone they hired to monitor social media and give us the impression GM cares.? So far I haven't seen any change with the "new" GM. They build a vehicle of acceptable, not exceptional quality and act as though we should be grateful.
It's not her fault...she's just doing her job...It's GM you have to blame for dragging their feet on this issue. As a long time GM buyer, I'm not happy either, this could be my last GM purchase.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yeah, Im done with GM. 6 new vehicles in 25 years...this is the last. I was so close to buying a Ford Escape...wish I had.

Told my GM case worker this.....she said nothing...dead silence...thats how GM feels..

·
Registered
481 Posts
wrusprod said:
yeah, Im done with GM. 6 new vehicles in 25 years...this is the last. I was so close to buying a Ford Escape...wish I had.

Told my GM case worker this.....she said nothing...dead silence...thats how GM feels..
Go to the Ford Escape forum and you will see that like any new vehicle it has it's share of problems also.

There will never be a problem free vehicle.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
ok....ha...you deal with what I have gone through the last 7 months...Im not talking a stitch out of place or a plastic interior liner not lined up correctly...

GM loves people that think like you..

·
Registered
222 Posts
michiganmtbr said:

Her job is to encourage you to take your vehicle to your dealer for service, and then thank you for doing so.

·
Registered
371 Posts
nox-rocks said:
Her job is to encourage you to take your vehicle to your dealer for service, and then thank you for doing so.
She certainly has that role covered.

·
Registered
468 Posts
nox-rocks said:
My next new vehicle won't be a GM either. It will probably be something imported. Man it hurt to say that.
I am slowly drifting from chevy too. I planned on trading in my 2010 Nox for a 2012 Nox but I am now leaning a little more towards a 2011-2012 Durango.

·
Registered
949 Posts
The title made me laugh.

But yes, she is a legitimate GM employee. GM has a 'team' of people that monitor websites and forums for people with problems. It is safe to send her your information, I was wary about it at first too, but she is, in fact, legit. She basically passes your information along to the "regional" customer service rep for your area, and they help you with getting your problems resolved with your dealer. However, as far as I know, the "regional customer service reps" are really just to make sure the line of communication between you and your dealer is open and that you are a getting good customer service. I'm not sure exactly how much power they have beyond that, but it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
cottonseed said:
I am slowly drifting from chevy too. I planned on trading in my 2010 Nox for a 2012 Nox but I am now leaning a little more towards a 2011-2012 Durango.
Hold on - you were our Canary in the Mind - to let us know what problems we might expect as we approach high mileage on our vehicles ! Don't abandon us !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At least you ahve a choice in what brand to buy. My wife works for GM and her pay grade forces me to buy GM. When they had an employee discount program it wasn't so bad. When we bought the Terrain it was a $250 discount. I actually could have gotten a better deal on an Escape.

·
Registered
978 Posts
nox-rocks said:
Agreed...but does she need to post in each and every thread over and over and over?

I mean really...at some points it becomes a joke IMHO

It's starting to make this Forum a GM Social Media Sounding Board...run by and for GM
rather than the membership controlling the content !!!

Personally I think she needs to lighten up and post a lot less frequently...it's one thing to let folks know you're around...it's another when you have 4 posts back to back to back to back in the same thread.

That's just over the top

>>>CLICK HERE TO SEE 4 IN A ROW<<<

·
Registered
371 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
Agreed...but does she need to post in each and every thread over and over and over?

I mean really...at some points it becomes a joke IMHO

It's starting to make this Forum a GM Social Media Sounding Board...run by and for GM
rather than the membership controlling the content !!!

Personally I think she needs to lighten up and post a lot less frequently...it's one thing to let folks know you're around...it's another when you have 3 posts back to back to back in the same thread.

That's just over the top
I can't agree more. She sounds more like a bot than a real person. I've asked her question in threads and she doesn't respond at all. If the social media team is never going to respond with valuable usefull information, what's the point?

It probably appears worse to those of us that frequent the forum a lot.

I'm glad to see your working with your dealer.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
My boss used to ask a similar question - "Does Rit do anything ?"

;D

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
When I posted a problem, Trish gave the same response. About a week later a GM customer support called me. So she is doing something. I don't know if he was sitting in India or not, but I did have a hard time understanding him. That pisses me off the most.
He's the one that said Blackstone and my UOA tester was not GM approved so my UOA was no good.
Like others are saying about not buying another GM car - I might agree with that depending on what they have up their sleeves. Like I said in another post, I'm really thinking of buying a completely from the ground up restoration of a '60's muscle car, because I DO NOT WANT another DI engine car, which may be impossible in the future.

·
Registered
20 Posts
[quote the "regional customer service reps" are really just to make sure the line of communication between you and your dealer is open and that you are a getting good customer service. I'm not sure exactly how much power they have beyond that, but it's better than nothing.
[/quote]
you are right :thumb:they dont have any power.they dont care if your a new or a long time customer...

Customer relationship management (CRM) is a widely-implemented strategy for managing a company’s interactions with customers, clients and sales prospects. It involves using technology to organize, automate, and synchronize business processes—principally sales activities, but also those for marketing, customer service, and technical support. The overall goals are to find, attract, and win new clients, nurture and retain those the company already has, entice former clients back into the fold, and reduce the costs of marketing and client service. Customer relationship management describes a company-wide business strategy including customer-interface departments as well as other departments. Measuring and valuing customer relationships is critical to implementing this strategy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.