GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All...

I have read in some places that one of features is that the front passenger seat also folds flat to allow for more "cargo" area. Question is though is this feature actually available and if so, is it available for those of you who have the entertainment system installed?

I wonder because if you have the entertainment system installed and you fold the seat down, how do you protect the screen?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
TerrainGirl said:
Hello All...

I have read in some places that one of features is that the front passenger seat also folds flat to allow for more "cargo" area. Question is though is this feature actually available and if so, is it available for those of you who have the entertainment system installed?

I wonder because if you have the entertainment system installed and you fold the seat down, how do you protect the screen?
The screen folds screen first into the seat back. I am sure it is designed to withhold some sort of force. I will check when I leave work tonight to see if it folds down as I have the RSE pkg.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I checked tonight. The pasenger seat does not fold down flat.

It folds to probably a 45 degree angle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NY_Joe said:
I checked tonight. The pasenger seat does not fold down flat.

It folds to probably a 45 degree angle.
Thanks for checking, I am assuming you mean it folds forward flat, and not reclined back correct? My 2005 Vibe has this feature and yeah it doesn't fold completely flat, but it sure has been handy a few times.

My husband and I actually were able to get a full sized grandfather clock into our vibe because of this feature!

Thanks,
TG

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
TerrainGirl said:
Thanks for checking, I am assuming you mean it folds forward flat, and not reclined back correct? My 2005 Vibe has this feature and yeah it doesn't fold completely flat, but it sure has been handy a few times.

My husband and I actually were able to get a full sized grandfather clock into our vibe because of this feature!

Thanks,
TG
No, it doesn;t fold flat at all. It may fold backwards flat. I was in my garage and couldn;t get around to the other side.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, the reason I asked is because the sales manual that was posted on here, stated it that it did (see image below) just wanted to confirm

·
Registered
635 Posts
[size=10pt]Two conflicting reviews on fold flat passenger seat on 2010 Terrain/Equinox

Quote from website: http://blog.nola.com/auto_reviews/2009/10/2010_chevy_equinox_redesigned.html
The front passenger seat folds flat, further extending cargo space enough to hold a six-foot ladder.[/color]

Quote from website: http://www.caaquebec.com/DocumentLibrary/UploadedContents/RoadTestAttachment/chevrolet-equinox-2010-en_0.pdf
Unfortunately, the front passenger seatback does not fold flat.[/color]

Maybe like the Vibe, only the higher trim models get the fold flat passenger seat?
[/size]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Roesterman said:
[size=10pt]Two conflicting reviews on fold flat passenger seat on 2010 Terrain/Equinox

Quote from website: http://blog.nola.com/auto_reviews/2009/10/2010_chevy_equinox_redesigned.html
The front passenger seat folds flat, further extending cargo space enough to hold a six-foot ladder.[/color]

Quote from website: http://www.caaquebec.com/DocumentLibrary/UploadedContents/RoadTestAttachment/chevrolet-equinox-2010-en_0.pdf
Unfortunately, the front passenger seatback does not fold flat.[/color]

Maybe like the Vibe, only the higher trim models get the fold flat passenger seat?
[/size]
I have a loaded SLT2 and the front passenger seat most definately does not fold flat.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is interesting....Almost warrants an email to GM Customer Service to find out. Hopefully my husband and I can take delivery soon, than we will know for sure! ;D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Saw the same info in the on-line owner's manual and tried to fold the front passenger seat flat on my fully loaded SLT2 Terrain and -------no go;
Anyone out there know if this was a late design change or an overlooked edit in the owner's manual?
Anxious to hear from you all

Stylegal

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the great information. I recall that on my vibe, there was a latch on the lower back part of the seat that you had to lift up in order to get the seat to fold forward flat, I am guessing no such luck on the Terrain with this kind of lever?

·
Registered
21 Posts
TerrainGirl said:
Thanks everyone for the great information. I recall that on my vibe, there was a latch on the lower back part of the seat that you had to lift up in order to get the seat to fold forward flat, I am guessing no such luck on the Terrain with this kind of lever?
If it's there I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
Just tried this on my Nox LTZ. The front passenger seat reclined until it was stopped by the rear seat. If I remove the headrest from the front seat, the rear seat will fold over it. The resulting folding does not create a flat surface, but I believe that there would be enough room for the previously mentioned grandfather clock.
Were your rear seats all the way back?
Something I'll have to try tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well thanks everyone for the help, will have to wait till mine arrives to determine how this feature works (if at all)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I know this is an old post. but what is the conclusion? Does the front seat fold down? tried it on my car and it was a no go.

Really like the feature on my sisters 2008 Saturn Vue

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I would check the owner's manual. Or, since you tired it. . you have your answer.

I know power seats will differ form manual seats, but I do not know how much.

·
Registered
225 Posts
JayTee2014 said:
I would check the owner's manual. Or, since you tired it. . you have your answer.

I know power seats will differ form manual seats, but I do not know how much.
yeah i checked the owners manual, nothing. i have a manual passanger seat as well.

i was just hoping that i was doing something wrong and there is some lever i was missing haha

·
Registered
10,107 Posts
gopedxr7 said:
I know this is an old post. but what is the conclusion? Does the front seat fold down? tried it on my car and it was a no go.

Really like the feature on my sisters 2008 Saturn Vue
Yeah - seems like there would be quite a bit of bang for the buck to offer that capability. My Vibe had that, and I used it several times, and really liked it. Also, a hatch window that opened, but there is more cost involved for that, but again, much added flexibility.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Rit said:
Yeah - seems like there would be quite a bit of bang for the buck to offer that capability. My Vibe had that, and I used it several times, and really liked it. Also, a hatch window that opened, but there is more cost involved for that, but again, much added flexibility.
the rear window opening would be great. i really like that feature on our 05 Trailblazer.

my guess is that the pic posted a while back here was a pre-production feature that was cut out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts