GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy

I picked up a 2011 Equinox LTZ today and this was in the glove compartment.

My dealer is unsure what it is but said all the newer models have it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
stratoform said:
Howdy

In case of a flat, it holds the flat tire in the rear compartment until you get it replaced.
Tires flying around the cabin due to a sudden stop can really hurt you...

·
Registered
321 Posts
stratoform said:
Howdy

Actually, for those of us with children, this is an armrest retaining strap. WARNING: A rear center armrest that is not properly stowed and secured could fall forward during a sudden stop or collision. The armrest could contact an infant secured in a rear-facing child restraint in the center seat position. Fasten the retaining strap onto the stowed armrest before installing a rear-facing child restraint in the rear center seat position.

When new, the vehicle's glove box materials included an armrest retaining strap. Use it to secure the center armrest before installing a rear-facing child restraint in the second row center seat position. Stow the rear seat center armrest. Attach the retaining strap to the armrest loop and to the center top tether anchor on the seatback. Make sure the retaining strap's clips are firmly attached.

I hope this helps. (Sorry for any redundancy)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the speedy replies :)

I gotta say I like both those answers. Did the manual mention the strap?
I'm spent the better part of the day traveling to the dealer, picking up the car,
and driving it an hour and a half while trying not to crash. I was like a kid in a
candy store with all the g-whiz stuff. I couldn't figure out the strap on the drive
though.

Ok now back to SGU. :p

Again... thx much

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did the manual mention the strap?
Yes the manual does mention the strap. Look at the section that explains securing the child restraint seats.

·
Registered
468 Posts
stratoform said:
Ok now back to SGU. :p
A fellow SGU fan!!!! your lucky I am at work and cannot see it till the morning when I get home. Did you also watch SG1 and SGA?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
How did you like the sexy mating of the 2 ships in the last episode? ;D

That and Sanctuary are my favorites.

·
Registered
468 Posts
GARYD said:
How did you like the sexy mating of the 2 ships in the last episode? ;D

That and Sanctuary are my favorites.
Yea I thought that was a pretty good episode. Season 2 seems to be getting better from Season 1, I thought Season 1 was kind of bland. I never seen Sanctuary before I will have to give it a try.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I was getting ready to give up on season 1. Really boring.......love the aliens, can't wait to see more.
Sanctuary looks like it will be a little more interesting this year.
Fringe is another show I really like. Weird ;D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cottonseed said:
A fellow SGU fan!!!! your lucky I am at work and cannot see it till the morning when I get home. Did you also watch SG1 and SGA?
Cottonseed apologies for the late reply. Yes I watched Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis as well. I thought SG-1 went on a little long.
After RDA and Don Davis left I didn't find it the same. Conversely I thought Atlantis ended too early. I absolutely hated SGU when
it started. Now I'm warming up to it just a bit.

·
Registered
149 Posts
wbassnp007 said:
Actually, for those of us with children, this is an armrest retaining strap. WARNING: A rear center armrest that is not properly stowed and secured could fall forward during a sudden stop or collision. The armrest could contact an infant secured in a rear-facing child restraint in the center seat position. Fasten the retaining strap onto the stowed armrest before installing a rear-facing child restraint in the rear center seat position.

When new, the vehicle's glove box materials included an armrest retaining strap. Use it to secure the center armrest before installing a rear-facing child restraint in the second row center seat position. Stow the rear seat center armrest. Attach the retaining strap to the armrest loop and to the center top tether anchor on the seatback. Make sure the retaining strap's clips are firmly attached.

I hope this helps. (Sorry for any redundancy)
Wow, thanks! I had no idea what this thing was, very important info! I assumed it was for restraining 'something', possibly related to a cargo cover, so I'm glad you were able to clarify. Guess I really should read that manual cover-to-cover at some point. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts