GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to see if anyone Possibly had a wiring diagram or schematic drawing or some kind of a diagram that shows the pin out of the 3 connectors on the ECM I am trying to hook up 85 flex fuel sensor and trying to locate which slot on the ecm x3 harness to put the pin into ? Any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I am looking to see if anyone Possibly had a wiring diagram or schematic drawing or some kind of a diagram that shows the pin out of the 3 connectors on the ECM I am trying to hook up 85 flex fuel sensor and trying to locate which slot on the ecm x3 harness to put the pin into ? Any help is much appreciated
I have the Repair Manual for the 2014 Equinox that has that info.
If you think it's different, a starting point would be what the interchange is for the flex fuel sensor, for the 2014 and 2020.
If you think it will help let me know.
I believe the Sensor only has three wires so it's pretty simple.

·
Registered
20 Posts
1.5 or 2.0?

*Edit*

Never mind, I see its a 2.0.

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Are you trying to make a non flex fuel into a flex fuel E85 ?
If so it's not going to work. There's way way more to it than just a fuel sensor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes if you would t mind checking for me I don’t know if 2014 is the same but could be

Yes I am trying to make a non flex fuel car flex but I already have a tuner that has made a custom tune for it that enables all the alcohol tables so if I get the sensor wired up it will work

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The white wire is the one on the sensor I would need to know about Thanks for all your help also

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Yes if you would t mind checking for me I don’t know if 2014 is the same but could be

Yes I am trying to make a non flex fuel car flex but I already have a tuner that has made a custom tune for it that enables all the alcohol tables so if I get the sensor wired up it will work
White wire from Pin #3 of Fuel Composition (Flex Fuel) Sensor to
Connector X1 Pin #38 of the ECM

Pin #38 of the X1 Connector in the ECM goes to a Pull Up Resistor (+)

This is for a 2014 Equinox, 2.4L and 3.6L is the same

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome thank you that’s exactly what I was wondering. The 2020 equinox has a white wire going from pin 70 of the x3 controller and a flex fuel label fuse so I guess it has a sensor stock crazy enough Pin 70 in the x3 harness is the same as pin 38 in the x1 harness on the older model it changes in 2016 I think Thanks very much !!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Flex vehicles have all stainless fuel lines and flex lines compatible to handle the E85. Something else you need to look into.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Flex vehicles have all stainless fuel lines and flex lines compatible to handle the E85. Something else you need to look into.
Thank you I am pretty Sure since some models come with it they just use the same hardware on all of them but I will look into it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts