GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members, I was wondering if there's anyone with a diesel engine and OBD2 that is able to look up their exhaust temperatures and share them with me. My engine light came on the other day and I had a code P2457 which relates to the EGR cooler system performance. I then plugged in my OBD2 and of the four exhaust sensors, one to three had readings while sensor number four was reading minus 40° c. My vehicle was brought to a dealer and they said this code came up because the engines computer need an update. Since they have performed this update, number four sensor still reads -40°c. Not sure if a computer update would throw a check engine light so if any members can share any ideas with me that would be most appreciated. Attached is a screenshot of my sensor readings. Thank you.
Screenshot_20210523-234617_Torque.jpg

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,841 Posts
No diesel here, but I’d be checking the wiring on that 4th sensor. Looks like the bottom of the range.

Rock Auto has replacements for very little money (if it comes to that) ... $25-ish ... so that’s the good news.

@tizan might be able to help here. He’s got a diesel. There are a few others, too, but can’t remember their member handles off-hand...

UPDATE: found my old post where I looked up the diesel members ...

Maybe try a "Conversation" with some of the diesel owners here, like: @tizan ,@Grum.man ,@tewatson ,@HCO41 ,@decee

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
That makes a lot of sense. They must just have a default value stored.

Reactions: IABill

·
Registered
2018 Equinox Premier 1.6 TD - totally loaded.
13 Posts
I have a diesel and had a sensor go bad. I was getting a P118B code though. Replaced the sensor, no issues since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts