GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Black on Black 2LT on Wednesday and I was using the apple usb cable that came with my iPhone 3g two years ago. When i first pluged it in to the usb port the iPhones says that this accessory may not work to you want to put it in airplane mode. I cancel that meesage and the iPhone (ipod feature on the phone) started playing though the radio and I was able for advance to the next song and then the it kicked me out and the iphone would not work though the radio anymore.

Please advise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its been a while since i have updated the phone, i will update the phone and see what happens and let you know.
Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
No special cables needed or anything. The iPod should work through the car stereo fairly easily. The message on the phone itself about the accessory not being compatible is normal.

Otherwise, you should be able to just plug it in and everything should be happy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have updated the phone and i got the same message agian and the iphone will still disconnect from the radio after a few minutes.

Any other sugestions?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Try another iPhone/iPod unit to determine whether or not it's the iPod or the Car. If it's the car, take it to the dealer and mention you've tried several ipods and several cables, and therefor it must the the car's stereo. From the sounds of it, many issues can be fixed by the dealer simply re-programming the head unit.

·
Registered
446 Posts
There's a lot to consider, so be patient. First, have you tried other cables? The possibility of a bad cable is a consideration. Also, you might consider the path to fully reset the phone. You can back it up, do a full hardware reset, and the restore it back to normal. This problem sounds oddly similar (sort of, but not quite) to USB problems on computers. I've run into that problem, and it took a very lengthy search before I found the full hardware reset solution. I don't remember where to send you for that, so Google for it. Or, even call Apple/AT&T for assistance. Let us know if you do find the solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts