GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Equinox and I'm trying to change the air filter and clean the MAF sensor but I can't for the life of me "Disconnect the air flow sensor electrical connector" as is stated in the manual. I've looked at it from every angle, I've shun a flashlight, and I just can't find any kind of latch/pin/clip that would allow me to remove it, and I don't want to force it either because it definitely seems as though there's something holding it in place. Am I missing something here? :banghead:

Thanks for any help

Here's a pic of the instruction from the manual
i52.tinypic*com/24w5a4w*png
Just replace the * by a . I can't post links :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is my second reply to your post. Don't know what happened to the first.

I had the same problem on my "05"

On the bottom of the connector there is a white section that can be removed by using your fingernail or very small screw driver. You just have to pry it out.

Put a rag under the connector as the piece is not retained after being removed. Installation is the reverse. It's not a very good set-up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't noticed a response in the other thread so I moved it to this section figuring it was better suited :)

So basically I just need to pull that little white piece out and then I can pull on the connector and it will come off? Do I need to wiggle/pull hard?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts