GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to have a subwoofer installed in my 2020 Terrain soon and I am worried that the ANC may cause an issue. I have only come across 2 videos with a 2018 & 2019 showing to disable the rear mics in the headliner. But in the videos, those were the only mics in the cars. I have a total of 4 in mine (front and rear). Will disabling only the rear mics still work? And I'm worried to disable the front mics because I have come across some info about those being associated with the bluetooth somehow. Any guidance is appreciated!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Use the search box function here. Try many terms and there was a thread or two about this. Or. . . try Google or Crutchfiled for assistance and advice too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use the search box function here. Try many terms and there was a thread or two about this. Or. . . try Google or Crutchfiled for assistance and advice too.
I've done all that and even called Cruthfield since the subwoofer I got is from them and the only notes they have on it is to disable the only 2 mics in the rear. But my Terrain has 4 and they couldn't tell me if disabling the 2 in the rear will work. Thanks for your suggestion though!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I don't know if you noticed this but go to your last post and scroll down a little.
Under "Recommend Reading" there are 5 or 6 posts related to disable ANC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if you noticed this but go to your last post and scroll down a little.
Under "Recommend Reading" there are 5 or 6 posts related to disable ANC.
I've done that as well and can't find anything that's specific to my situation. There seems to be a substantial difference on how the ANC was wired and the location of the module in each GM make and year. So I don't want to go off of what was done for an Equinox, especially in older gens, and mess up the wrong thing. I have seen where there is a harness that a guy is selling on here that could help. But I was just wondering if anyone else figured it out without having to get that. Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes unpluging just one will disable the anc. My dealer service department contacted GM. Thats what they advised..... And i can confirm that it works

1 - 6 of 6 Posts