GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to disable the DRLs on a 10 Nox

Its burning out my HID bulbs...and its not necessary to have them on in NJ.

Thanks

·
Registered
441 Posts
its because they arent run at constant 12v when the drl's are on...did you install a harness with them to power them directly off the battery? my guess would be no if you keep losing bulbs....

install the harness and then you wont have issues....

·
Registered
125 Posts
I installed a relay with my HIDs and they flickered still during the day. I understand that a capacitor solves the issue but i just returned my HIDs. Not work it to keep adding junk to make HIDs work.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Dave25 said:
I installed a relay with my HIDs and they flickered still during the day. I understand that a capacitor solves the issue but i just returned my HIDs. Not work it to keep adding junk to make HIDs work.
shouldnt need a cap.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
cottonseed said:
isnt the canbus fix that we need on our cars because of the drl's just a sealed cap?
That is what ive read.

·
Registered
232 Posts
cottonseed said:
isnt the canbus fix that we need on our cars because of the drl's just a sealed cap?
The bus has nothing to do with the fact that the DRL's are PWM. I just programmed mine off.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
GTPprix said:
The bus has nothing to do with the fact that the DRL's are PWM. I just programmed mine off.
When we we get this capability, and at what cost ?

·
Registered
468 Posts
GTPprix said:
That still dont change the fact that the canbus fix for the drl's is a sealed cap. Its good you programmed yours off but that does not help anyone else. No one here is going to spend $400-1000 in hardware and software just to turn there drl's off.

·
Registered
232 Posts
And again the BUS being CAN/GMLAN has NOTHING to do with the fact the DRL's are PWM that's what I'm getting at, calling a cap a "canbus fix" is like calling a gun a fork LOL whoever came up with that term has no idea what they are talking about :) Oh and $400-$1000 would be great, its MANY times that especially considering you cant even buy software/hardware for this application unfortunately.

·
Registered
468 Posts
GTPprix said:
And again the BUS being CAN/GMLAN has NOTHING to do with the fact the DRL's are PWM that's what I'm getting at, calling a cap a "canbus fix" is like calling a gun a fork LOL whoever came up with that term has no idea what they are talking about :) Oh and $400-$1000 would be great, its MANY times that especially considering you cant even buy software/hardware for this application unfortunately.
The point is escaping you. No matter what it is suppose to be called the fix for the drl's is called the cans fix and it is a sealed cap. I know and understand what you are saying but your solution does not help the normal person here looking to disable the drl.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ok so we are on the same page then, I'll be able to help soon; the whole point in doing this stuff is to sell it :) When that time comes I'll apply for sponsorship etc and see what we can do :)

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Hurry up Chris. I've checked out your Website, and saw all of products. You are the real deal.

·
Registered
468 Posts
GTPprix said:
Ok so we are on the same page then, I'll be able to help soon; the whole point in doing this stuff is to sell it :) When that time comes I'll apply for sponsorship etc and see what we can do :)
Nice! I wish I could help support your cause. How will fixes/patches/mods be applied? Just connect thru the obdII and install or is it more complex then that?

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
cottonseed said:
Nice! I wish I could help support your cause. How will fixes/patches/mods be applied? Just connect thru the obdII and install or is it more complex then that?
According to his WebSite, when it is available, then you will have to send in your computer and he will re-program it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
RIT333 said:
According to his WebSite, when it is available, then you will have to send in your computer and he will re-program it.
More than likely yes. I still have to see how Global A modules react to being programmed on the bench, it may not even be possible but we'll see.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts