GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all as you know I purchased a 2011 Terrain AWD I4 SLE2 with conv package back in november. The dealership did not have my color or trim package in stock so I had to order the vehicle and it still has not arrived. When I purchased the vehicle I signed up with the Holiday Promotion 0% for 36 months and 1500 cash back, since I still don't have the vehicle I'm not entitled to that anymore so i'm losing out. I did some more research because i was bored and found another dealer not that far away that is will to give me the same vehicle and color for $600 less (it has to be ordered as well) or I can go with the same vehicle and color with the sunroof and 18" wheels for $200 more than what i paid for the vehicle I already ordered. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as to what I should do or if anyone has been in my shoes before...Does anyone know the true market price/dealer invoice for a 2011 awd, i4 with conv package?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
If you have a signed contract with the original dealer for the purchase of your 2011 Terrain, then my guess is you are bound by that contract....in other words, that original deal will be the only deal you are able to secure..if you go to another dealer and sign a contract there, then you may end up buying 2 Terrains........
Great for sales, but lousy on your wallet........

:)
 
G

·
When you ordered the vehicle you essentially entered into a contract. Part of that contract was for 0% for 36months and $1500 back. The dealer & GM has to honor that agreement. The deal is usually based on the financing and incentives on the date you signed the contract or the date you take delivery of the vehicle, which ever is better

What is their explanation for why you are not entitled to that now? As for finding the car cheaper elsewhere. Be carefull or you could end up being the owner of two new vehicles...contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as buyers remorse and all that crap. First get out of the legally binding contract with your existing dealer if you intend to shop elsewhere that you found one cheaper. (if you can, if there has been a breach on their part)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
mmarges said:
When you ordered the vehicle you essentially entered into a contract. Part of that contract was for 0% for 36months and $1500 back. The dealer & GM has to honor that agreement. The deal is usually based on the financing and incentives on the date you signed the contract or the date you take delivery of the vehicle, which ever is better

What is their explanation for why you are not entitled to that now? As for finding the car cheaper elsewhere. Be carefull or you could end up being the owner of two new vehicles...contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as buyers remorse and all that crap. First get out of the legally binding contract with your existing dealer if you intend to shop elsewhere that you found one cheaper. (if you can, if there has been a breach on their part)
because the deal was...Must take delivery before 1-3-2011 that was the incentive I believe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct it did state you must take delivery by 1/3/11 which i did not...As for the dealer i am 95% sure I am not in a binding contract with the dealership as I only have an invoice and only put down $500 for a deposit which the dealership said I can get back i'm not obligated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
CashPILOT said:
Correct it did state you must take delivery by 1/3/11 which i did not...As for the dealer i am 95% sure I am not in a binding contract with the dealership as I only have an invoice and only put down $500 for a deposit which the dealership said I can get back i'm not obligated.
YOU will and should lose the 500. dollars if you try to cancel the first order.unless the dealer says he would give it back to you? what would it be like out there if everyone ordered a vehicle then found one for less money elsewhere and canceled the first order?
You were "Happy" when you ordered the vehicle right? you knew vehicle had to be delivered by a certain date for incentive...Be happy with your vehicle when it gets here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
In many states its illegal for the dealer to keep a cash deposit. Look up on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
In regards to the rebates or the cheap financing, you get the deal that is in place at the time of delivery....

The sales price that you negotiated with the dealer is binding even if there is a price increase...
 
G

·
If the deal was that you had to take delivery by 1/3/2011 for those incentives then your dealer/salesman should have been doing their job and known full well it would be highly unlikely to would be built and delivered on time and therefore should have started searching dealers for the model you wanted or something pretty close as an option rather than order from the factory from scratch.

When I ordered mine back in Sept I was told 8-12 wks for delivery...I was lucky and got it in 7 wks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
CashPILOT said:
Hello all as you know I purchased a 2011 Terrain AWD I4 SLE2 with conv package back in november. The dealership did not have my color or trim package in stock so I had to order the vehicle and it still has not arrived. When I purchased the vehicle I signed up with the Holiday Promotion 0% for 36 months and 1500 cash back, since I still don't have the vehicle I'm not entitled to that anymore so i'm losing out. I did some more research because i was bored and found another dealer not that far away that is will to give me the same vehicle and color for $600 less (it has to be ordered as well) or I can go with the same vehicle and color with the sunroof and 18" wheels for $200 more than what i paid for the vehicle I already ordered. [/color] Any insight would be greatly appreciated as to what I should do or if anyone has been in my shoes before...Does anyone know the true market price/dealer invoice for a 2011 awd, i4 with conv package?
When did the dealer promise "expected" delivery?
Tell your original dealer you're ticked off that THEY missed the deal and as you stated, you did some more research and found a better price or for $200 more you get some great options.
If they want your business bad enough, they'll put themselves in your shoes and work to keep you happy, at least most dealers would these days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Those "Holiday Deals" are still available in Canada until January 31st 2011.

They are still advertising them on TV and in the National Papers..

Don't know where the poster is located, but the "deals" of which he speaks likely are still available....in the USA as well........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
Mrmidnite2 said:
Those "Holiday Deals" are still available in Canada until January 31st 2011.

They are still advertising them on TV and in the National Papers..

Don't know where the poster is located, but the "deals" of which he speaks likely are still available....in the USA as well........
They expired in the states on 1/3/ 2011
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Terra-Nox said:
They expired in the states on 1/3/ 2011
Thats too bad then for the Poster if he is in the States.... :( :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
CashPILOT said:
Yeah I see that the incentive is still available in Canada...just not right
No Its not right (what the dealer did). I would not do business with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Terra-Nox said:
No Its not right (what the dealer did). I would not do business with them.
What did the dealer do? They cannot wave a magic wand and have the car built before the incentive is up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
cottonseed said:
What did the dealer do? They cannot wave a magic wand and have the car built before the incentive is up.
The dealer should know the lead times they are seeing on orders. Cashpilot ordered on 11/30. There was no way it was going to be delivered on time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
The thing is - many times incentives are continued or enhanced for the next month - so it is a gamble. It is the risk you take when you order. Sometimes it works the other way - you order it in October when there is no incentive - and then it comes in during the Holiday Savings event - and jackpot - you get $1,500 more off than you expected.

The rebates are always clear that you must take delivery by a certain date. Many times the incentives are extended a month or two and you still get the same deal - somtimes they are not.

Currently - if you own a GM vehicle now, there is a $1,000 loyalty rebate.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top