GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Digital odometer light is off on my EQUINOX 2005. Is this electrical or electronics problem, is nee

• ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Digital odometer light is off on my EQUINOX 2005

22K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  armentim 
I have a 2005 Equinox and recently had the problem with the odometer bulb going out. Only the bulb needs to be replaced--NOT THE ENTIRE CLUSTER!! The process to remove and replace the bulb is a simple one. First tilt the steering wheel out of place, pull bezel straight out carefully, and with 7mm screw head remove the four mounting screws and pull cluster out. Disconnect cluster and remove burnt out bulb by giving it a counter clockwise quarter turn. Insert new bulb and turn it clockwise quarter turn. Plug in cluster again, insert the mounting screws, replace bezel. Very simple. The bulb replacement that I used was different than the original but has the same voltage and watts--the old one had a white base with frosted cover, while the new one had a beige base and clear--which made the new light brighter but very workable. I used 39118 Bulb 20210B24 DE66K2 12V 1.5w or this one should work: rmeuropean.com Part-Number Bulb-12V---15W-with-Beige-Socket-Base-for-Dashboard-Instruments-__62111391260_OSR_2439488A.aspx . I hope this helps..

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.