GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Especially wondering about option availability. Salesman was ADAMANT that i couldn't get a sunroof on the SLE-2 yet if i build and price at GM.com i can add the sunroof.
As well as 19" tires which also aren't available in Canada on the SLE models.

I wont even think about why there is over $4000 difference in price too. :lol: i cant believe there is still that much spread on vehicles right now considering parity between the dollars.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Cameron said:
Especially wondering about option availability. Salesman was ADAMANT that i couldn't get a sunroof on the SLE-2 yet if i build and price at GM.com i can add the sunroof.

I wont even think about why there is over $4000 difference in price too. :lol: i cant believe there is still that much spread on vehicles right now considering parity between the dollars.
Yes you can get a sunroof in Canada. You didn't say where you are from. Try gm.ca if you are in Canada and gm.com if American. Whatever you can build on website you can get.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Cameron said:

Build one at

http://www.gm.ca/gm/
8)

[EDIT: LOL! Roesterman is quick on the keyboard this morning, good morning Roesterman! ]

·
Registered
5 Posts
you've got to have an SLT to get a sunroof, i had to order mine because of that. the sunroof isn't an option on the SLE packages, only SLT.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes thats what i said but why is the sunroof available on the SLE trim level for US built models.

just did a build on gm.com and you can add 2 options for US models that arent allowed up here. i dont want 19's but the sunroof would have been nice.

curious as to what the discrepancy is.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Definitely show the screenshot above to your dealer.
The Terrains are built in Canada, strange they'd offer different configurations, well as far as what you're looking for.
???

·
Registered
97 Posts
I find it interesting that delivery is only 745 in the US. I had to pay $1350 (+13%tax) delivery even though they are built about 100 miles away from my home in Toronto. Everything costs more in Kanada.

The same goes with Weathertech mats, $169 at US site, $209 at Canadian site. Guess where I am ordering from?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
decee said:
I find it interesting that delivery is only 745 in the US. I had to pay $1350 (+13%tax) delivery even though they are built about 100 miles away from my home in Toronto. Everything costs more in Kanada.

The same goes with Weathertech mats, $169 at US site, $209 at Canadian site. Guess where I am ordering from?[/color]
I ordered from Canadian site, but they are made in the U.S.

http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=422.0

I can't remember where they were shipped from.
:-(
Careful, cuz you may get charged shipping and duties, so you may not be saving anything just cuz you're ordering from their US website.
Just a "possible heads up".

·
Registered
97 Posts
Taxes and me do not get along. I have "friends" in Buffalo that accept packages for me until I go down and pick them up or bring them to me.

Shipped from Illinois btw.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Car makers do different option and equipment configurations between Canada and the US all the time.
Take the GMC Canyon for example, for leather seating in the US you had to get an SLT but in Canada leather could be optioned into an SLE and no SLT trim was ever offered.
GM Canada is not offering a sunroof in SLE Terrains and a print out of the US web page isn't going to change that.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wasnt expecting it too.. its ordered already im not gonna be "one of those people" and change my order.

simply a question of "do they seriously have different options available on the same trim?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts