GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Diesel Terrain 1.6L. In 2019 at 23k I started getting P2457, Exhaust Gas Recirculation cooling system performance. First the dealer downloaded a new update which expanded temperature range, shortly thereafter I received the same code, dealer took some more readings and ordered new Exhaust Gas Recirculation heat exchanger (HX) and replaced it at 28k. Fast forward to 2022, at 61k started getting P2457 code again. Went to dealer this week, it’s in need of another HX replacement. Has anyone else had to replace the Exhaust Gas Recirculation HX a second time? If so, did GM cover replacement cost?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have a 2018 Diesel Terrain 1.6L. In 2019 at 23k I started getting P2457, Exhaust Gas Recirculation cooling system performance. First the dealer downloaded a new update which expanded temperature range, shortly thereafter I received the same code, dealer took some more readings and ordered new Exhaust Gas Recirculation heat exchanger (HX) and replaced it at 28k. Fast forward to 2022, at 61k started getting P2457 code again. Went to dealer this week, it’s in need of another HX replacement. Has anyone else had to replace the Exhaust Gas Recirculation HX a second time? If so, did GM cover replacement cost?

Fingers crossed ..not happened yet...but the exhaust and recirculation is warrantied till 80K miles or so. So it should be ccovered by GM.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Good luck i have work as a Chevy tech for 10 years i have only ever seen 2 diesel equinox/terrains ever
It was manufactured for the 2018 and 2019 years only...and the best guess is that somewhere between 10 to 20 thousand only were sold in the 2 years in North America ...so it is rare. But the recirculation technology is on a lot of diesel trucks the mechanics should know what they are doing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It was manufactured for the 2018 and 2019 years only...and the best guess is that somewhere between 10 to 20 thousand only were sold in the 2 years in North America ...so it is rare. But the recirculation technology is on a lot of diesel trucks the mechanics should know what they are doing.
Diesel equinox and terrain. And even the diesel cruzes. Are extremely rare. Probably the most rare of the entire Chevy line up. My guess would be under 7500 units total for both years combined

1 - 6 of 6 Posts