GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An oil change that is!

I had recently purchased a Pela 6000 to do oil changes on my TDI Golf that I had. I sold that car so then I just had the Pela sitting around but figured Id try to do it on the Terrain.

Let me just say this, I'll never climb under the car again. ;D

It was pretty simple once I figured out how to operate the Pela. You stick the Pela tube down the dipstick tube and then put it under vacuum. After getting the tube situated right, the oil started to flow. After about 5 minutes, I had extracted right at 5 qts.

Sorry I didnt take any pictures but it was just me out there and I just wanted to get it done. Like I said though, its pretty simple once you figure out how to get the Pela working.

Any questions?

As far as the oil, it was pretty fuel diluted. The OLM had it at 20% but I think Im going to be changing it at 25% in the future if we dont go on a long road trip.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Thanks Bballr4567.

I had to search up the Pela.
Here's a pic of the Pela 6000, an oil extractor.

Pela website:

http://www.pelaproducts.com/

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, thats it. I got it for $35 on eBay though.

Also, forgot to say, its a very clean way to do it. If I hadnt dropped the oil filter, there would of been zero oil spillage.

·
Registered
365 Posts
If you get a chance someday, suck it out from the top and then open the drain plug to see if anything was missed. Just curious to see if all the oil is removed or not. I bought a set of raceramps and all I can say is wow. They are light weight and have a 17 degree incline so they are easy to drive up. With the plug in the back of the pan I know eveything drains out :)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Considering that an oil fill is 5 qts with a filter and its right at the top mark on the dipstick and I put right at 5 qts in, Im happy with it. Even using the ramps, you'd be surprised at how much is still in the pan. If I leave 2% of the old oil in, im not worried.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I used a pneumatic oil extractor made by Central Pneumatic and sold through Harbor Freight. It was a clean oil change, but some soil did remain in the car. Just to make sure, I unscrewed the oil drain bolt to check what was left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts