GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last couple days I've noticed a bad situation. Since the sun is lower in the morning and there are lots of trees between my home and office, my DIC and nav screen are still in the nightime mode. I cannot see the screens especially with sunglasses on. Is there a way to overide the the night view or brighten the screens?
The screens do not brighten up(daylight mode) until I'm only 1 mile from the office. Anybody else have this problem?

Oh for the good old days with analog gages. Never a problem seeing them.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think you can adjust the sensitivity of the daylight mode sensor... check you manual

GARYD said:
The last couple days I've noticed a bad situation. Since the sun is lower in the morning and there are lots of trees between my home and office, my DIC and nav screen are still in the nightime mode. I cannot see the screens especially with sunglasses on. Is there a way to overide the the night view or brighten the screens?
The screens do not brighten up(daylight mode) until I'm only 1 mile from the office. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
119 Posts
GARYD said:

I noticed this also, but it doesn't bother me to much (yet).. There is an option to keep it on daylight or night time mode instead of automatic.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, I'll look it up when I get home. If I don't wear my sunglasses I can just barely make out what's on the screen.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
kuppyr said:
I noticed this also, but it doesn't bother me to much (yet).. There is an option to keep it on daylight or night time mode instead of automatic.
Really !!! If that is the case, then it solves the HID/DRL problem. You can use non-Canbus HIDs (cheaper), and put a "cover" over the DRL sensor stays in night mode (full power to DRLs ALL the time), and then have the instrument panel at full illumination during the day. If you are driving at night, you can turn down the IP Lights via the dial to the left of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
119 Posts
RIT333 said:
Really !!! If that is the case, then it solves the HID/DRL problem. You can use non-Canbus HIDs (cheaper), and put a "cover" over the DRL sensor stays in night mode (full power to DRLs ALL the time), and then have the instrument panel at full illumination during the day. If you are driving at night, you can turn down the IP Lights via the dial to the left of the steering wheel.
I know the option is for sure for the navi screen, I don't remember if it changes the DIC lighting

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I read the manual.....nothing.......then the Nav manual, there it was. You can pick Auto, Daytime or Nightime. I picked Daytime........lightened up the display very little. Still can't read or see the Nav screen. Again about a mile from work the screen brightened up normally. Also tried the dash display knob on left side of dash.....only works on the gauges, not the Nav screen. Unless somebody else has any ideas, I guess I'll just have to drive my other car and leave the Terrain in the garage until next summer. I can't believe I'm the only one with this condition. This is totally unacceptable.
I guess I could bring a flashlight with me and keep shining it on the sensor. ::)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Go to you dealer and have your sensor replaced.

GARYD said:
Well, I read the manual.....nothing.......then the Nav manual, there it was. You can pick Auto, Daytime or Nightime. I picked Daytime........lightened up the display very little. Still can't read or see the Nav screen. Again about a mile from work the screen brightened up normally. Also tried the dash display knob on left side of dash.....only works on the gauges, not the Nav screen. Unless somebody else has any ideas, I guess I'll just have to drive my other car and leave the Terrain in the garage until next summer. I can't believe I'm the only one with this condition. This is totally unacceptable.
I guess I could bring a flashlight with me and keep shining it on the sensor. ::)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You might be right, since nobody else seems to have this problem.
I was going to do that on my next visit to the dealer, but I don't think it's the sensor. If I'm in sunlight it works, but since almost all my driving to work is in the shade due to the low sun, it doesn't.
I will ask the dealer when I bring it in. Maybe they can reprogram it or something......or replace it.

It's going to get worse as winter approches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts