GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I was wondering how to change the programming of the door locks on my 2010 Equinox so that when I press the lock button on the dash the doors will lock. Currently the drivers door unlocks and the horn beeps 3 times after i close the door.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
635 Posts
Read the manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would read the manual if I had it. I inherited this vehicle from my father who passed away a couple of weeks ago. The manual was not in the car. If i can't find it ,I will order one, but in the intrim I was hoping to fix this one slight glitch.

Thanks for the info,

Jim

·
Registered
635 Posts
Jungle Jim said:
Guys,

I was wondering how to change the programming of the door locks on my 2010 Equinox so that when I press the lock button on the dash the doors will lock. Currently the drivers door unlocks and the horn beeps 3 times after i close the door.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

"
When programming you have to turn off the" Unlocked Door Anti Lock Out" feature" for the "delay locking" to show up in menu.

Unlocked Door Anti Lock Out
When on, this feature will keep the
driver's door from locking when the
door is open. If off is selected, the
Delayed Door Lock menu will be
available.
Press the MENU / SELECT knob
when “Unlocked Door Anti Lock
Out” is highlighted to toggle

·
Registered
143 Posts
DELAYED DOOR LOCKING

I am somewhat confused as to what this feature is on my 2010 Terrain SLE...

It is "ON" but as soon as I put the Terrain into gear to move off, the darn doors lock immediately. When pulling out of my garage I have to stop to let the wife in the vehicle......but the doors have already locked.

In a previous vehicle, the door locking could be delayed (up to when a speed of 40 kph was reached)....

Any help or tips on exactly what this feature will do would be appreciated...I would like to doors to lock automatically when a certain amount of time has passed, or a certain speed has been reached....can this be done on the Terrain/Nox??????????

Thanks in advance........

:)

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
IIRC this feature is not available on Equinox/Terrain.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Del
Mrmidnite2 said:
DELAYED DOOR LOCKING

I am somewhat confused as to what this feature is on my 2010 Terrain SLE...

It is "ON" but as soon as I put the Terrain into gear to move off, the darn doors lock immediately. When pulling out of my garage I have to stop to let the wife in the vehicle......but the doors have already locked.

In a previous vehicle, the door locking could be delayed (up to when a speed of 40 kph was reached)....

Any help or tips on exactly what this feature will do would be appreciated...I would like to doors to lock automatically when a certain amount of time has passed, or a certain speed has been reached....can this be done on the Terrain/Nox??????????

Thanks in advance........

Delay locking is used only when leaving the vehicle. Drivers door must be open, then push lock button on centre console. Doors will lock a few seconds after the last door is closed.
This is good when kids are getting out or if you are using back hatch.
If you have your doors set to lock when you put into gear you can unlock manually or put into park to unlock. Sometimes when I roll to stop to pick up wife I forget to put into park to unlock then she pulls on handle a few times and I remember!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Roesterman said:
DelDelay locking is used only when leaving the vehicle. Drivers door must be open, then push lock button on centre console. Doors will lock a few seconds after the last door is closed.
This is good when kids are getting out or if you are using back hatch.
If you have your doors set to lock when you put into gear you can unlock manually or put into park to unlock. Sometimes when I roll to stop to pick up wife I forget to put into park to unlock then she pulls on handle a few times and I remember!
Thank you Roesterman for your helpful reply. Now I understand what that delayed locking is all about. I naturally assumed it was similar to my previous vehicles as outlined in my post above, ie, locks don't "lock" until some travel has been done, or a certain speed has been reached....Perhaps this is something for the engineers at GM to consider on future Terrains and Nox's to have an actual delay before the doors lock automatically...

Cheers!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Mrmidnite2 said:
Thank you Roesterman for your helpful reply. Now I understand what that delayed locking is all about. I naturally assumed it was similar to my previous vehicles as outlined in my post above, ie, locks don't "lock" until some travel has been done, or a certain speed has been reached....Perhaps this is something for the engineers at GM to consider on future Terrains and Nox's to have an actual delay before the doors lock automatically...

Cheers!!
Why?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Roesterman said:
Your quote.."Sometimes when I roll to stop to pick up wife I forget to put into park to unlock then she pulls on handle a few times and I remember!"

Precisely....it is very annoying when pulling out of a garage, or carport, to have to physically reach over to unlock doors to let a passenger in. My garage is not wide enough to allow both passenger and drivers doors to be opened at the same time...so My wife waits outside until I pull out of the garage, then gets in...but the darn doors locked in that 10 feet of forward motion. My Pontiac Montana locks were delayed a few seconds...my previous Dodge Grand Caravan also had delayed locking, which meant the door locks were unlocked until I reached about 25 miles an hour....then they locked.....

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
FWIW, if you unlock the car AFTER it locks automatically, it will stay unlocked until you go to park again. At least I think that is how the quirky locks are.

Whats cool though is the two pull interior system. Just pull the handle twice and it unlocks!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I tried the two pulls on inside handle to unlock. It works on all the doors. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Jungle Jim said:
I would read the manual if I had it. I inherited this vehicle from my father who passed away a couple of weeks ago. The manual was not in the car. If i can't find it ,I will order one, but in the intrim I was hoping to fix this one slight glitch.

Thanks for the info,

Jim
I can get a Nox manual online but not the Terrain http://www.aboutautomobile.com/TSB/2010/Chevrolet/Equinox There is a tab for the owners manual - pdf format

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
RNOX said:
I can get a Nox manual online but not the Terrain [/color] http://www.aboutautomobile.com/TSB/2010/Chevrolet/Equinox There is a tab for the owners manual - pdf format
Terrain Manuals:

http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=1030.0

2010 Terrain Manuals[/color]

Owners manual:[/color]

Owners Manual--Click Here

Getting to know your Terrain: [/color]

Getting to know your Terrain--Click Here

Navigation Manual:[/color]

Navigation Manual--Click Here

·
Registered
143 Posts
bballr4567 said:
FWIW, if you unlock the car AFTER it locks automatically, it will stay unlocked until you go to park again. At least I think that is how the quirky locks are.

Whats cool though is the two pull interior system. Just pull the handle twice and it unlocks!
Thanks for that info...it does work..perfectly.....

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yea, its pretty cool to do that. Its also cool to show people that it does that too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts