GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have wondered if anyone else has this problem. I have a 2010 Equinox LT2 and in Wisconsin
the winters get pretty cold. When I run the Defroster, it never seems to put out any heat, even
when I have it set for 75 degrees. Sometimes the heat seems to work, and then all of a sudden
it gets cool inside.

Any suggestions? I might inquire with my dealer as it is still under warranty.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
332 Posts
Firstly are you sure it only goes up to 75°F? Ours goes to 30°C which is 86°F.

If it's coming and going there is a possibility that the coolant is low or it could be conceivable that it has a thermostat that is too low.

Or it may be an issue with the heater control itself and it isn't functioning properly.

In any case it's definitely something you want the dealer to look at while it's under warranty.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
This is a different issue but the same I guess
Started vehicle(2010 Terrain 4cyl) after it sat out in cold all day and message in DIC said AC shut of due to extreme engine temp DErove vehicle to dealer which is only about a mile away and he said if engine light isn't on don't worry too much but well set up an appointment. Drove vehicle home, and when I shut it off the fan(radiator fan) kept running for at least a half hour Drove back to dealer and they decided to keep vehicle and they put me in a 2011 Buick Regal foe a loaner sweet car

·
Registered
24 Posts
mikemilw said:
Hello,

I have wondered if anyone else has this problem. I have a 2010 Equinox LT2 and in Wisconsin
the winters get pretty cold. When I run the Defroster, it never seems to put out any heat, even
when I have it set for 75 degrees. Sometimes the heat seems to work, and then all of a sudden
it gets cool inside.

Any suggestions? I might inquire with my dealer as it is still under warranty.

Thanks
Mike
Not sure if the 2010 is the same as the 2011, but do you have "Auto" on to maintain the temperature? Maybe the internal temperature isn't being correctly measured?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I don't have auto climate but the heat and defrost in my 1LT is awesome. Yours sounds like there's some problem.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Started vehicle(2010 Terrain 4cyl) after it sat out in cold all day and message in DIC said AC shut of due to extreme engine temp DErove vehicle to dealer which is only about a mile away and he said if engine light isn't on don't worry too much but well set up an appointment. Drove vehicle home, and when I shut it off the fan(radiator fan) kept running for at least a half hour Drove back to dealer and they decided to keep vehicle and they put me in a 2011 Buick Regal foe a loaner sweet car
Received vehicle back today, software issue so they said..All nice and clean inside and out Good dealership...

·
Registered
107 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Received vehicle back today, software issue so they said..All nice and clean inside and out Good dealership...
Nice to hear about a pleasant experience with a dealer for a change as it seems so many have issues. :) I also, like the dealer that I bought from, and have had nothing but good experiences with them to date.

·
Registered
37 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
This is a known problem. It happened to mine at about 3000 miles. It only requires the computer to be re-flashed. Solves the problem completely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2010Nox said:
Firstly are you sure it only goes up to 75°F? Ours goes to 30°C which is 86°F.

If it's coming and going there is a possibility that the coolant is low or it could be conceivable that it has a thermostat that is too low.

Or it may be an issue with the heater control itself and it isn't functioning properly.

In any case it's definitely something you want the dealer to look at while it's under warranty.
I have had 2 brand new cars 01 ford Taurus and 08 Chevy HHr 2 different makes and when both hit 1,000 miles they go in for a oil change some say its weird but just good piece of mind to get any left overs left from the engine build removed also when i do this I have them check all fluids and on both vehicles and the coolant in both was way under the full line sometimes there is air in the system and it works its way out causing the low coolant i would advise every one to do the same and also once a week open your hood and look at the level after the 1,000 mile oil change i would go to a 5,000mile oil change looking at my hhr now with 3400 miles on the oil it still looks new as i just did a oilchange in it the day befor but i would not go over the 5,000 even though im a mobil one user

1 - 9 of 9 Posts