GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Just kind of questioning why you would put anything like this on your Terrain. The vehicle sits, like, six inches off the ground as it is!

·
Registered
830 Posts
And it will lower your ground clearance a lot... we are something like 7" from the ground, if you put that you will have about 3-4"

You will scrub everywhere

·
Registered
111 Posts
It should help with all the water/dirt that gets in the door jambs though......someone had a picture on here with theirs installed and they didnt look bad at all. I hear the clearance issue but would really like to stop all the debris getting in the door jambs. I installed the splash guards and they may have helped minimally. Post a pic and your findings if you do order them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
And it will lower your ground clearance a lot... we are something like 7" from the ground, if you put that you will have about 3-4"

You will scrub everywhere
They would sit higher than the lower valance on the front fascia.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Maybe. But it is the center clearance that is important when entering a driveway or a store parking or speed bump (ours here are huuge)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Since the Nox/Terrain really isn't that high, and the doorsill isn't particularly wide...would running boards actually be useful or just for looks? I can see them helping reduce splash in the doorsills though..

·
Registered
635 Posts
Will be too low.. there are pictures if you want to do a search of this forum.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Roesterman said:
Will be too low.. there are pictures if you want to do a search of this forum.
Too low for what? Even with running boards, a Terrain/Nox will still have more clearance than a car...and most people with one of these will never leave paved roads.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Don't see too many cars with running boards. Why? Because its too low. Will scrape sleeping policemen(speedbumps). :)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Roesterman said:
Don't see too many cars with running boards. Why? Because its too low. Will scrape sleeping policemen(speedbumps). :)
That's because cars are already low slung, (and would look ridiculous with running boards :D ) but I don't think lowering the Nox/Terrain a couple inches is going to have much effect. Don't get me wrong though, I don't think this type of vehicle really needs running boards and have no plans for such on my Nox.. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts