GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wheels just looked to plain, so decided to make them look like the other GMC logos.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Roesterman said:
Looks good!
Indeed!
What kind of paint did you use, if you don't mind me asking, JLF?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gearhead said:
Indeed!
What kind of paint did you use, if you don't mind me asking, JLF?
I used Dupli Color Scratch Fix GM510 Torch Red touch up paint. The brush inside is just the right size. I'm not sure how well it will hold up since it's almost impossible to sand or rough up the area to be painted. But since it's fairly easy to apply, I figure I can always just touch them up when needed. I got the paint at Pep Boys, but I'm sure there are other places that have it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
JLF said:
I used Dupli Color Scratch Fix GM510 Torch Red touch up paint. The brush inside is just the right size. I'm not sure how well it will hold up since it's almost impossible to sand or rough up the area to be painted. But since it's fairly easy to apply, I figure I can always just touch them up when needed. I got the paint at Pep Boys, but I'm sure there are other places that have it.
Thanks JLF, good to hear the touch up brush fits right out of the bottle.
Now that's convenient and may be something I try out too.
8) :eek: 8)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks great, I agree to much chrome it needs to have the color to break it up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well done job very professional

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Good idea. Now I need to decide on wheather to paint them red or match the body color which is Black.

I wonder how the wheels would look with the indentations in the spokes painted also??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts